Echo SRM 225 vs Shindaiwa T235

themowerking20

Threads
Mergers and acquisitions....the difference between the two ...if I remember correctly the t235 has a bigger bevel gear than the srm225 for more torque

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Engine size is the same, but there are some differences in power transfer and starting. Size of clutch, type of cable, type of bearings, carb used, all make I difference as to how much power is delivered to the head. As I said, I feel Echo delivers more power.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I know i am late but for just letting everyone know the echo has a flex cable while the Shin has a Solid Drive Shaft :thumbsup:

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
I'm looking for a new straight shaft trimmer. I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Echo SRM 225 or the Shindaiwa T235. I've looked at them both in person and like them both. They seem to be very similar except the handle on the Shindaiwa T235 is larger, which i think would make it a little easier to turn the unit to edge with. The SRM 225 has an odd shaped handle in my opinion. Does anyone have experience with the Shindaiwa? I believe Echo now owns Shindaiwa. The Shindaiwa runs about $245 and the Echo is $200. Is it worth paying $45 more for the Shindaiwa? Thanks!
I own lots of Echo and have had no complaints. I do buy larger size trimmers. We bought our first Shindaiwa trimmers last year they were very good for one year second year never want to start been in dealer many times. Going to buy new echo trimmers in March done with Shindaiwa really dont understand difference they are made in same factory but there is a difference. I was given a Kawasaki to demo for summer it has been great but they are 425. Each Echo cost us 290.

Threads
I own lots of Echo and have had no complaints. I do buy larger size trimmers. We bought our first Shindaiwa trimmers last year they were very good for one year second year never want to start been in dealer many times. Going to buy new echo trimmers in March done with Shindaiwa really dont understand difference they are made in same factory but there is a difference. I was given a Kawasaki to demo for summer it has been great but they are 425. Each Echo cost us 290.

What Echo model do you have? :thumbsup:

tlclawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
id go with shindaiwa i still have my t230 i bought in 1999/2000 and its still running strong

deerhunter69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know about the Shindaiwa T235, but I love my Echo SRM 225. It is very easy to use and really quiet. I love the pre-mix gas and oil it came with. Saved me from having to mix it by hand. It is also great that I can purchase more of the pre-mix locally too! The only downside to the Echo SRM 225 is that I think the shield could have been larger to protect the operator more.

Overall, I think it is an excellent trimmer.

Ringneck

Threads
Just a quick update. I decided to go with the SRM-225. Great trimmer! The weight is good. It's easy to load line. It always starts on the first or second pull. The trimmer has plenty of power. I have used the Echo Powerfuel since day one. I do not want to run pump gas with ethanol. The Powerfuel is quite expensive but I only use the trimmer once a week as residential use. I highly recommend the Powerfuel if anyone is thinking of using it.