Echo SRM 225 vs Shindaiwa T235

Ringneck

Threads
I'm looking for a new straight shaft trimmer. I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Echo SRM 225 or the Shindaiwa T235. I've looked at them both in person and like them both. They seem to be very similar except the handle on the Shindaiwa T235 is larger, which i think would make it a little easier to turn the unit to edge with. The SRM 225 has an odd shaped handle in my opinion. Does anyone have experience with the Shindaiwa? I believe Echo now owns Shindaiwa. The Shindaiwa runs about $245 and the Echo is $200. Is it worth paying $45 more for the Shindaiwa? Thanks!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking for a new straight shaft trimmer. I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Echo SRM 225 or the Shindaiwa T235. I've looked at them both in person and like them both. They seem to be very similar except the handle on the Shindaiwa T235 is larger, which i think would make it a little easier to turn the unit to edge with. The SRM 225 has an odd shaped handle in my opinion. Does anyone have experience with the Shindaiwa? I believe Echo now owns Shindaiwa. The Shindaiwa runs about $245 and the Echo is $200. Is it worth paying $45 more for the Shindaiwa? Thanks!

I like the 225 the handle is quite comfy for extended use and the machine will last a long time as far as the shindaiwa I've used one before and it seems to have ample power and uses all the echo parts

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the handle on the Echo turn easily when using as an edger?

You turn the whole machine :/ but you could probably loosen the handle to make it easy to turn

themowerking20

Threads
Shindaiwa....first to start last to quit...i work at a shidaiwa dealer and have yet to see a newer model unit in for repair...echo on the other hand..cant say the same....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Echo all the way. Personally I think they are easier to start and much more comfortable to use. Our shop has just the opposite, more shins than echo in for repair. We are an Echo dealer and sell a minimum of one Echo a day, everyday the doors are open. With the number we sell, (last year we sold over 300 Echo units) the only repairs we see are customer caused problems or normal tune-ups.

themowerking20

Threads
Dont get me wrong ....ive aquired a like for echo ...their trimmers and edgers seem just a bit underpowered....but their blowers. Thats a different story ....got a pb755t ...lovin it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Underpowered??? I don't think so. Comparing Echo to Shindiwa, in my opinion Echo's power is far better.

Ringneck

Threads
It looks to me like the SRM-225 and the Shindaiwa T235 have the same engine. Wouldn't power be basically the same between the two then?