Driving mower at night

Threads
I've never mowed at night.... moe than enough opportunities for that in the daytime. I always thought the whole purpose of lights on a lawn tractor, was to help keep motorists from running over the lawn rig they may still run us over, but at least they can't use the excuse " I didn't see a lawn mower there".

Maybe a mix of both reasons. If you don't want to get hit by a car you could add lights like this....of course the siren is optional! :wink:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why would there be a car driving on your grass?

Threads

You never know! :wink: 99.9% of the time it would only be useful only if you mow along the ditch next to a highway or something...but that 0.1% of the time it could be when a car mistakes your lawn for the road. :rolleyes:

mowing_small.JPG

(http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/engineer/Operations/Photos/mowing_small.JPG)

X-man

Threads
I've never mowed at night.... moe than enough opportunities for that in the daytime. I always thought the whole purpose of lights on a lawn tractor, was to help keep motorists from running over the lawn rig they may still run us over, but at least they can't use the excuse " I didn't see a lawn mower there".

Yeah, I can see the headlights being used for liability.

Living/working in a trailer park, I drive my lawn mower on the park's roads. I only use my tractor to mow about 5x/month. I drive it everyday otherwise.
The way I have it set up (I'll take a pic next week), I use my lawn tractor to haul my push mower and weed whacker around in a black cart that I bought at TSC. I also use it to haul yard waste to the park's compost pile. It's not uncommon for me to be driving it in the pitch black around this time of year, hence the reason why I started this thread.

X-man

Threads
Here are some pictures that I took earlier today of my light's wiring:

Attachments

• wiring_2.jpg
    wiring_2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 27
  • wiring_1.jpg
    wiring_1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 25
  • wiring_3.jpg
    wiring_3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 23

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I can see the headlights being used for liability. Living/working in a trailer park, I drive my lawn mower on the park's roads. I only use my tractor to mow about 5x/month. I drive it everyday otherwise. The way I have it set up (I'll take a pic next week), I use my lawn tractor to haul my push mower and weed whacker around in a black cart that I bought at TSC. I also use it to haul yard waste to the park's compost pile. It's not uncommon for me to be driving it in the pitch black around this time of year, hence the reason why I started this thread.

Oh now I understand

X-man

Threads
This is how my ignition switch is set-up. You have to turn the key one click to the left to turn on the headlights.

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 20

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always move the hot wire to the battery that way they never dim

X-man

Threads
Something I just thought of, I'm gonna be doing snow removal this winter so there will probably be a few times where I'll be driving my lawn tractor at 5:30 AM :shocked:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can buy a fog light kit comes with everything you need to install them.
I would go with amber ones so you don't get glare off the snow