Does anyone recommend a Kubota T2290

sivicman

Threads
I just think that until they fix this loose belt issue, the buyer should beware. Just changing belts is not going to make people happy on $5000 dollar tractor. (Not to mention it is not easy to change) Im hoping that i just had a bad belt. Tractor is in the shop and they are changing it right now. Cmon Kubota, this should be an easy modification.
Is your mower under warranty? If not let us know how much the dealer charges you to fix this belt problem.

Klawdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is your mower under warranty? If not let us know how much the dealer charges you to fix this belt problem.
Yes it is. The drive train has a 4 year complete warranty at no cost to the consumer. Since I live just down the road, they came and picked it up and took it back to the shop. They replaced the belt and so far it works fine going up the steepest terrain in my back yard. The belt they installed was smaller by about 1/2 inch, but mine could have stretched in 25 hours(their conclusion as well). I'm just worried that I will revisit this problem in a couple years when I will have to change the belt myself. Shouldn't be a problem for me, but others who are incapable (or just don't want to) will have to pay for 1.5 hours of labor. Some steering has to be removed and the brake lever. Kind of a poor design really for something like a belt to bury it under that much crap. The belt is only around $35 bucks. Still unacceptable for an easy modification. The trick will be to get it to a point where the brake will engage and to increase the tension on that belt when it's disengaged. Maybe just adding another spring tension pulley somewhere close to the brake lever, but I'm no engineer.

sivicman

Threads
This was over in another forum.