Dixie Chopper LT2700 started blowing white smoke suddenly

bijiminy

Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper LT2700 started blowing white smoke suddenly
What would have caused my jets to drop out, and can I reuse them? They don't look damaged, but the o rings are missing. I ordered some new o rings just in case someone says I can.

I just got through changing my oil. Specs says 2.4 qts. I put in 2 qts and it's still over the high mark. I don't think I'll put less than 2 qts. Dipstick must be inaccurate. I added a stopcock to the fuel line. Seemed to turn easier with the new oil.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The niki 2 barrel carbs are famous for the jet o rings failing and the jets falling out. You can reuse the jets, tjey are fine. Some if the briggs engines have slifhtly different siE jets. Don't know about generac engines.

bijiminy

Threads
The niki 2 barrel carbs are famous for the jet o rings failing and the jets falling out. You can reuse the jets, tjey are fine. Some if the briggs engines have slifhtly different siE jets. Don't know about generac engines.
This mower is new to me. I was thinking maybe the previous owner used E10 gasoline. I bought some aftermarket 0 rings. Maybe they will work better. Thanks for the information. I’m learning a lot on this forum.

bijiminy

Threads
This is a follow up to my post. I was unable to get the carburetor replacement for the Nikki OE4215. The vendor sent me the wrong carburetor, so I decided to replace my dropped out jets, using new o rings. As it turns out, the starter was also weak, so I replaced the starter. The engine fired right up with the new starter and o rings. No smoke. My question now is: which engine manufacturers use these same type of jets, in guess all in Nikki carburetors, held in by rubber o rings? It seems a set up for failure.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every niki carb comes through the shop with any running issues gets new orings. I keep a dozen or so on hand and this kit.

You can fix 90% of problems with these carbs with this kit. The carb has a couple passages for the idle that are prone to clogging that cause most problems along with the jet o ring thing.

bijiminy

Threads
Every niki carb comes through the shop with any running issues gets new orings. I keep a dozen or so on hand and this kit.

You can fix 90% of problems with these carbs with this kit. The carb has a couple passages for the idle that are prone to clogging that cause most problems along with the jet o ring thing.
Is that large O ring for the bowl seal? That seal is the hard one for me to get. Luckily, my old gasket, which I reused, hasn’t leaked yet. Thanks for the reply

wrldtvlr

Threads
wait...they have non-ethanol 93? where do you get it? i can only find non-ethanol 87.
Availability seems to vary by market. Around here some stations offer non-ethanol 87 at a separate pump while others (like Costco Gas) just make their premium pump non-ethanol.

bijiminy

Threads
wait...they have non-ethanol 93? where do you get it? i can only find non-ethanol 87.
I get it at the Pure Oil station in Nashville. Pure is the only ones selling 100% gas around here. There used to be a website devoted to finding stations that sold 100% gas.
https://www.pure-gas.org

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is that large O ring for the bowl seal? That seal is the hard one for me to get. Luckily, my old gasket, which I reused, hasn’t leaked yet. Thanks for the reply
Yes it is the bowl seal.