Did I get a good deal?? Husqvarna LZ5227

merkaba

Threads
Hey! I just bought a mower, and decided it might be a good idea to find a good forum to poke around in. I paid $1900 for a 2009/2010 Husqvarna LZ5227 with a little over 1500 hours on it. It runs, and mows really great! I found a few little things that I am going to bring it to the shop for to have them fix...and I'll also have them go through it and make sure they don't find anything else. One of the bearings (i think it's a bearing?) on the blade on the very left side (of the photo....right side if you were sitting on it) needs to be replaced. The blade moves slightly up and down if you wiggle it. The other blades were nice and tight. There is some grease/oil leaking a bit from the front wheels where it spins, and one of the caps is missing (you can see the duck tape on it). I'm assuming there is some sort of seal/gaskets that will need to be replaced in those? I figured it would be a good idea to have them change the transmission oil, and sharpen the blades as well. The seat, and arm rests are a little beat up...but nothing too terrible at all. What do you think...is $1900 a good deal...or at least fair? I'm just hoping I didn't get ripped off. I'm sorry I don't have better pictures. It's still sitting in the trailer, because it's going to the shop on Tuesday. So i didn't want to get it out. This is the photo that he sent me via text message. Thanks for the comments in advance! :)

P4Ph1tZ.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Don't know about the mower but judging from that photo you got ripped off with your camera :laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
1400 hours is a lot. Your cost for the mower + a new engine is a few hours is how I would have decided its value. So if they are selling for around $3400.00 or $3000.00 with out bagger with low hours then you got an OK deal.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From the looks of it, I would also replace the belts. Looks like a residential unit, used by a landscaper. Also, have them check the spindles without belt tension on them. This will give you a better idea if the bearings are going bad. A full tune-up wouldn't be a bad idea either. Looks like it has been ridden hard and put away wet. Only time will tell if you good a good deal, has 1500 hours is on the high side.

treechipper48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks to be an okay deal. As long as you maintain it, keep it clean, and keep the motor running well, you will have a good zero turn for many years to come.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You got a good deal. This is not a residential mower it is sold as a commercial mower.
1500 hours is not a lot for this mower.
The grease you see at the front wheels means he greased it. There is no seal that goes there.
I would change all 6 spindle bearings. $30
Change the oil and filter.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a full commercial mower. Separate pumps and motors. At least it is that.

merkaba

Threads
Cool, thanks all! I'll def have them look at all of the stuff you recommended. It is definitely a commercial mower. He paid $8500 for the mower without the bagging system (i saw the paper work) about 7-8 years ago.

merkaba

Threads
Good news! I just dropped off the mower at MB Tractor for them to look at it and the guys first question was "how much did you pay for that". So i told him $1900 and he said the bagging system alone is worth $1900. He said that i got a really great deal. I guess that doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about, but he sees a lot of them and it's a massive dealership so it made me feel pretty good.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have paid $1900 and sold it for $5000
Let us know what work he does to it.