DECK--WHY SO LOW??

Threads
This morning I adjusted the height of the deck on my Honda HRR216TDA to see how low it would go....it nearly touched the ground. I couldn't even get it out of my garage without it scraping the ground when it becomes the driveway.....it only drops down like a quarter inch!! Just wondering....who would put it as low as can go?!?? If there was the SLIGHTEST bump in the ground the blades would turn it into dirt!! They should make it go higher, instead of going so low! It only goes to 3 in., and my new Honda goes to 4 in.
Attached is a pic of the lowest setting on the mower and the tiny bump that my mower can't get over to get out of the garage when it is on the low setting.
DSCN1404.jpg

DSCN1406.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reason it goes down to a 1/4 inch is most people will scalp there grass in the winter when it is dormant. This is why you see people cutting there brown grass in February.

If your yard has bumps or dips this would be the time to fix it by top dressing. Should be done once or twice a year.

If you have bumps or dips the grass will not look right at any hight. When your mower wheel goes into a dip you will cut the grass around the dip to low.