Deck Belt Alignment-Pivot Idler Pulley

wdeagle1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet GT1554 purchased several years ago from Tractor Supply. It seems like this is out of the blue, but the idler pulley with the tensioner s[ring sits about 1/2" higher that the rest of the pulleys. Obviously, my belt won't last long. I've looked and looked and see nothing out of the ordinary. I even purchase a new pivot arm because the old one was seized, but belt is still out of alignment. I'm going DSC_0754.jpgto try to post some pics I took last night that might make it clearer.

Just looking for some fresh eyes.
Thanks
Charles

Attachments

• DSC_0756.jpg
    DSC_0756.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 58

Deerlane

Threads
If I remember right, that is the way it is suppose to be.
You belt look like it getting to hot.
Check to see if the front of deck is to low by checking the blade tips to the ground. Your blades should be no more the 1/4" LOWER in the front than the rear.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think something is very wrong in this pic.
The belt should be on the other side of the shiny rod.
The belt goes between the rod and pulley.
image-2997726543.jpg

wdeagle1

Forum Newbie
Threads
This gives a better idea of what I'm dealing with. Part 60 is the pulley that is higher that the others. You are looking at belt that stretches from end pulley to end pulley. As you can see, the belt runs behind part #60 and part #52 is the "shiney rod" you see.

Deerlane-It's your understanding that that idler pulley should be higher than the rest on the deck? I've never really noticed, one way or another.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Charles

Attachments

• deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 26
  • deck.png
    deck.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 27

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok now I know what your talking about.
Mine is the same way.
It is off set to help keep the belt on the engine pulley as you raise and lower the deck

wdeagle1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, so something is causing problems with the belt coming off. As you can see, the belt is in sad shape, but I've been hesitant to buy a new one until everything was fixed. The pivot and tension spring work fine now with new pulley, arm guide and bolt. The other idler pulley has a few dents, but I do not see anything else.

You think I can put on a new belt and not trash it?

Thanks for all the help.
Charles

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When did the belt start coming off? When a belt gets worn down it will start rolling off the pulleys and Turing it self inside out

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would go to tractor supply and get one of the cheap husky belts. They only make them to the inch so if your belt is something like 97.5 long get a 97 inch belt.
Should be $19.99. They don't last as long as the cub cadet $55.00 belt but it will do fine as long as your not cutting tall thick grass and getting it hot.

When you install it look at everything 3 times to make sure the belt is not touching anything. Needs to be about a half inch from any brackets. Make sure all strings are nice and tight.

If you was close to me I would come take a look.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, route the belt you have correctly, it will likely last a pretty long time.....