Day light saving time tonight

noma

Threads
Hi All

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight for daylight savings time, you will get your extra hour sleep back. And change the battery in your smoke detector so you will be safe from fire.And any thing else you change bi-yearly batterys in.I hate it when it gets dark early at night i need all the daylight time i can get to get things done outside in the evening Well it will get lighter in the morning early.:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep ... there is going to be a dramatic change for me to adjust to the early dark at night...
Oh well I guess the trade off during the summer is worth it...
Just wonder if the daylight savings pays a worth wile interest on each account...:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Daylight saving in Western Australia........is gone for 20 years.....thank God.
Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing.........and people get killed because of 'Day Light Saving'.
I read it costs 500 million dollars a year to have Day Light Saving in America?:eek:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep ... there is going to be a dramatic change for me to adjust to the early dark at night...
Oh well I guess the trade off during the summer is worth it...
Just wonder if the daylight savings pays a worth wile interest on each account...:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

To me DST is more bother than it is worth and I wish they had never invented the idea to begin with. It's getting colder fast here and I am still trying to play catch up with the chores that need to be done before winter, the time change really doesn't affect me much as being retired, I don't need to be a slave to the clock...but it's still an irritation.

grnspot110

Threads
To me DST is more bother than it is worth and I wish they had never invented the idea to begin with. It's getting colder fast here and I am still trying to play catch up with the chores that need to be done before winter, the time change really doesn't affect me much as being retired, I don't need to be a slave to the clock...but it's still an irritation.

What he said!!! :biggrin:

monica123

Threads
I nearly forgot, we were at the cottage, closing it up for the winter and the only way I remembered was that the cell had an automatic reminder set, crazy thing.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
going from sun up to sun down is not all that handy, if you have to adjust for the varying time of day that those two events fall... Moving it back and forth one hour is not ideal but it is the most practical and workable way to do it...
Of course viewing this on an individual level, it seems it would not make much difference, Life within a society, especially one with multiple time zones anyway, it is a fairly workable adjustment... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
I worked the night shift at the V.A. and that extra hour was a psyco killer to me.I hated it.In the fall they would give us an hour of annual leave,In the spring they would charge us an hour.Now that I'm retired it makes little differance except for changing clocks and watches. russ

grnspot110

Threads
What did I say that was so amusing....I wasn't trying to provoke laughs but if I gave you one, great.

Not amusing, just agreeing with you! ~~ grnspot110