CV730 Head gasket

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
BTW, can someone tell me where I put the coil to this mower? I had everything together, In one container. Except the coil.

Do these coils have legs? HA HA HA HA HA

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On that drill the chuck is probably a tapered fit. It does take quite pressure to get it seated properly. Now of course I got the floor model (not to be confused with the store's demo one) and haven't had any problem; although, I run it at the slowest speed.

And yes some of their stuff is nothing but junk. Like the tap and die set I brought that was poorly made and the puller set that the forcing screw was off axis, THe first puller set was good until I broke it try to pull off a hub that had torqued to 300 ft-lbs.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BTW, can someone tell me where I put the coil to this mower? I had everything together, In one container. Except the coil.

Do these coils have legs? HA HA HA HA HA

PT, Are you pulling a Logan?

Before you start put your brain in gear. Having it in Neutral isn't going to get things done. You it in that place where no one else could find it and now you can't either.:ROFLMAO:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
On that drill the chuck is probably a tapered fit. It does take quite pressure to get it seated properly. Now of course I got the floor model (not to be confused with the store's demo one) and haven't had any problem; although, I run it at the slowest speed.

And yes some of their stuff is nothing but junk. Like the tap and die set I brought that was poorly made and the puller set that the forcing screw was off axis, THe first puller set was good until I broke it try to pull off a hub that had torqued to 300 ft-lbs.

An air blower, with the 6" nozzle leaked the first time I put air to it. I still have it, for some stupid reason. Maybe just to remind me not to buy another from them. LOL

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

I bought the earthquake, not the Bauer, 1/2 battery impact. Had it about a year now. Very impressed with it. Yet to have something it won't take off. Been beating the crap out of the $40 Hercules 4.5" angle grinder. Holding up so far. Threw away the worthless POS air ratchet and air saw. Big floor model drill pres holding up well. The $80 tap and die set is actually pretty good. Got more HF stuff than i can count. Bought myself the US General 56" top and bottom toolboxs last year for Christmas. Use it every day. Awesome box for $1000. HF has Some trash and some treasures.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The idle circuit for the carb is under that triangle shaped piece that your boss said not to remove. It should be removed to clean the idle passages.. That pump on the side is the accelerator pump like the old auto carbs from years ago. The white smoke is most likely oil. No unusual for the Command to smoke slightly on start up due to oil seeping past the rings.

Inside the accelerator pump, the diaphragm didn't feel bad, as stiff as it is (unlike a 2 cycle carb).

According to the new bleed down test, everything was tight. I got some air coming out of the dipstick and the vacuum hole in the one valve cover. But the gauge stayed at at least 10%. The excessive smoke from the oil fill tube is quite a mystery now.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's a video of the smoke I was talking about.

BTW, when it's running, the PTO comes on like it's supposed to. But if you try to speed up, the PTO kicks off. As long as I stay at the same speed, I can mow for hours. But once I press it to go passed a certain speed, the PTO shuts off. Obviously, there's no speed sensor on this thing. And it has to be related to the electrical current. So I'm thinking safety switch? The seat switch is disconnected. (does the same with it connected)

With the PTO off, and the hydro pedal pushed about 3/4 of the way down, the PTO won't come on. But, at about 1/2 pressed, it'll come on fine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think you are overthinking the smoke out the oil fill tube. Some smoke is normal. it gets a lot worse with a blown gasket. Something to consider. Could the mower be thinking is is going into reverse when you push the pedal all the way down.