Cuts off

navydad2022

Threads
my victory was short lived,got my snapper going after replacing neg and positive cables.Now when l press the brake / clutch paddle and let go to mow and my engine shuts down.if l press the paddle back it stays on.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pull the small black wire off the ignition coil. Should run the tank dry "if" the coil is good. This will bypass all other safety switches, JUST FOR TESTING purposes.

navydad2022

Threads
Pull the small black wire off the ignition coil. Should run the tank dry "if" the coil is good. This will bypass all other safety switches, JUST FOR TESTING purposes.
Ok, thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stop & think
Why are those witches there ?
The seat switch is there to prevent you doing stupid things like getting off with the blades running and shoving you hand into the discharge chute to clear a blockage plus to prevent it running away driverless should you fall off
However the engine has to be able to run when you get off to move things or open a gate .
SO the seat switch works in combination with both the blade switch & the parking brake switch .
On top of this some of the switches are open then close when the plunger is down or visa versa so it is easy to get the wrong switch .

navydad2022

Threads
Stop & think
Why are those witches there ?
The seat switch is there to prevent you doing stupid things like getting off with the blades running and shoving you hand into the discharge chute to clear a blockage plus to prevent it running away driverless should you fall off
However the engine has to be able to run when you get off to move things or open a gate .
SO the seat switch works in combination with both the blade switch & the parking brake switch .
On top of this some of the switches are open then close when the plunger is down or visa versa so it is easy to get the wrong switch .
Thank you for your expert advice 🙏,it just caught me for a loop as to what was happening