Cut wire: Serious?

PierreB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

I am a French tenant in a house, and my landlord has an Ecloz brand robotic lawnmower. I have never dared to use it for fear of mishandling it, as I am not at all skilled with new technologies, so I use a gasoline lawnmower instead.
While doing some gardening, I accidentally cut a wire that was buried underground, (see the turquoise wire inside the red circle, on the photo attached).
There are similar wires near the charging base of the robotic lawnmower, so I assume it is either an electrical wire or a guide wire.
Here are my two questions: Is there a risk of electrocution or any other danger by touching this wire?
Will the robotic lawnmower be dysfunctional because I cut the wire?

Thank you very much for your help.
I will provide more information if needed.

Attachments

• w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 10

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thought I had answered this message
It is a perimeter wire .
No chance of electrocution
If there is enough slack slip some heat shrink tubing on each side of the break about 1" on one side & 2" on the other
Strip back about 1/2" on each side
twist the wires together along their length
Slide the short heat shrink from one side & shrink it
Wait 5 minutes then do the other side

PierreB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for your reply ! I really appreciate it.
I will wait for the help of a friend who is handy to do what you said.
Would you have any idea what might happen if I start the robot? Do you think it could cause an error during startup, for example? Or any other type of problem?

Have a great weekend!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the loop is broken any where it will not work so the mower will not see it an run off into the distance till it hits something or the batteries run flat .