Cub XT1 50" Shuts Down when PTO is Engaged

skippymud

Threads
Just a though. Look at the right valve cover as if you were sitting on the seat. There is a hose coming out of the top of the valve cover that connects to the fuel pump. Make sure it is connected. Could have other fuel restrictions but have seen the hose split and/or get disconnected while doing other work, and then get forgotten to reconnect.
Hi ILEngine

I always appreciate your feedback - Thanks. What is that, the impulse line which drives the diaphragm inside the pump? It's on my left as sitting on this now-POS. I checked it and it has not been messed with and appears to be in very good shape - Still pliable and not rotted or hard. The fuel filter remains full and appears to be feeding the pump just fine. I also tried running the engine on full choke to see if there is an air leak - No change. If I wait just 30 seconds after it dies, I can start it back no problem, then of course it dies as shown in this new VID. I also loosened the gas cap to see if the air hole was clogged - Nope

Attachments

• PXL_20240701_224312651.jpg
    PXL_20240701_224312651.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was talking about the pulse line. Looks OK in the picture. Fuel flow restriction some place. May need to remove the line between the fuel pump and the carb, and crank the engine to check fuel flow from the pump. Depending on where the fuel tank is located you maybe able to disconnect the line on the fuel filter side and hold the end down into a container and check flow from the tank to make sure you have a fuel stream. So either a restriction between the tank and the pump. Pump not working correctly, or something blocking flow into the carb float valve.

skippymud

Threads
Thanks ILEngine. What timing for this to happen just when the PTO does not engage properly. Oh well

"Fuel flow restriction some place" for sure, and I will find it. Will check the output flow from the pump to the carb first to ensure consistency