Cub Cadet XT2 LX46 PTO will not engage

cturboaddict

Threads
Well, its fixed again. I wanted to update what actually repaired it.
I tested everything and all tested well. Studying the above diagrams, and after getting someone competent on the tech line at Cub Cadet, I realized I wasn't getting 12v out to PTO OUT at the Push Button Ignition Module. I ordered a new module, and wala it was fixed.

Petton Pete

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a similar problem with my 46" fab dec XT2, looking at what is written here I also think my issue lies with a fault with the overly clever ignition module... I have all the exact same symptoms (in terms of diagnostics), what I think may have potentially fried it though is the voltage regulator was spiking all over the shop (replaced now), this may have overloaded the internal board on the ignition module... What annoys me though is that a sensible bit of design would inhibit chain-reaction component failure, it is a disgrace that when component "A" fails, component "B" which is way more expensive to replace is also likely to fail... CC should be ashamed of themselves. The machine has only done 145hrs... totally unacceptable!

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do yourself a favour and toss it then fit a standard key ignition as was previously done
The problem is the excess of lawyers and the fake religosity of government instutions
Good honest upstanding church going people make dumb mistakes and cause injuries so lawyers sue the manufacturer rather than admitting the operator made a dumb mistake.
It is OK for criminal or godless people to do bad things because they are bad but if good people do it then it has to be stopped .
Society can not admit that most are dumb & stupid because to put it in the words of one of the greatest philosophers the USA ever produced,, Frank Zappa
"The good book says Gad made us in his own image
so if we are all dumb then God is dumb and perhaps a little ugly on the side "
Naturally that recording got banned in the USA ( Think "You are what you is " can now be bought in the USA ) but the rest of the world got to hear it .

The up shot of this is complex lockout ignitions that would do the job if the buying public would pay a reasonable price .
But they will not so residential mowers are all made to the cheapest possible price thus interlock modules that fail and keyless ignitions that prevent every one from starting the mower, including the owner .

When I get asked for buying advice now days it is go for an entry level commercial mower or pick the colour residential your partner likes because all of them are junk .

Petton Pete

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do yourself a favour and toss it then fit a standard key ignition as was previously done
The problem is the excess of lawyers and the fake religosity of government instutions
Good honest upstanding church going people make dumb mistakes and cause injuries so lawyers sue the manufacturer rather than admitting the operator made a dumb mistake.
It is OK for criminal or godless people to do bad things because they are bad but if good people do it then it has to be stopped .
Society can not admit that most are dumb & stupid because to put it in the words of one of the greatest philosophers the USA ever produced,, Frank Zappa
"The good book says Gad made us in his own image
so if we are all dumb then God is dumb and perhaps a little ugly on the side "
Naturally that recording got banned in the USA ( Think "You are what you is " can now be bought in the USA ) but the rest of the world got to hear it .

The up shot of this is complex lockout ignitions that would do the job if the buying public would pay a reasonable price .
But they will not so residential mowers are all made to the cheapest possible price thus interlock modules that fail and keyless ignitions that prevent every one from starting the mower, including the owner .

When I get asked for buying advice now days it is go for an entry level commercial mower or pick the colour residential your partner likes because all of them are junk .
To be honest, we paid £5k for our mower, and I think this is quite a high price. I have looked at the option of using the key ignition module, although I am not sure about which wires will be going where as it would mean rewiring the loom to retrofit the unit... If someone were to manufacture a wiring adapter that enabled a person to retrofit the older key ignition, they would make a killing I am sure...

Petton Pete

Forum Newbie
Threads
To be honest, we paid £5k for our mower, and I think this is quite a high price. I have looked at the option of using the key ignition module, although I am not sure about which wires will be going where as it would mean rewiring the loom to retrofit the unit... If someone were to manufacture a wiring adapter that enabled a person to retrofit the older key ignition, they would make a killing I am sure...
That said if the replacement module fails, I will be manufacturing something similar myself... On that note, does anyone on here have a wiring diagram for the older key module they could share? With this, I think it will be possible to do some A/B comparison and rig the loom accordingly...

Petton Pete

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I feel like a bit of a potato... the schematics here are for the turn-key operated ignition module... I have the even worse push button module on my machine, the exact model number is XT2 QS117, though symptoms described by the PO are identical as are the measures taken to fix, so far... terrible electronic design on these, it is a real shame as other than this, the machine is great, solid chassis, decent engine solid deck... but the electrics suck big time...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
For ones that are trying to look-up this the actual model number is the one that starts with the "13"

Cub Cadet XT2 QS117 13AFA1CN603 (2017)​

It would some rewiring and a different keyswitch to revert to an older style safety setup. But it can be done with enough knowledge and patience.

BTW the wiring schematic for this one is even worst than other MTD diagrams as Cub Cadet (MTD) is hiding the actual internal wiring diagram from us service techs.

Last edited:

Petton Pete

Forum Newbie
Threads
For ones that are trying to look-up this the actual model number is the one that starts with the "13"

Cub Cadet XT2 QS117 13AFA1CN603 (2017)​

It would some rewiring and a different keyswitch to revert to an older style safety setup. But it can be done with enough knowledge and patience.

BTW the wiring schematic for this one is even worst than other MTD diagrams as Cub Cadet (MTD) is hiding the actual internal wiring diagram from us service techs.
Thanks for the polite correction re model number, much appreciated, in terms of CC keeping schematics from service techs.... Well that is true lizard style conduct right there... Shocking bunch of no good reptiles, poor form Cub Cadet... Poor form!

Last edited:

emoetom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, its fixed again. I wanted to update what actually repaired it.
I tested everything and all tested well. Studying the above diagrams, and after getting someone competent on the tech line at Cub Cadet, I realized I wasn't getting 12v out to PTO OUT at the Push Button Ignition Module. I ordered a new module, and wala it was fixed.
thats what i just did now my mower dies when i engage pto like i got off mower and the safety switch killed power.

Attach files
Share:
FacebookTwitterRedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmail

already