Cub Cadet LT 1045 no power to the starter

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
How do you know, it's not fixed yet.:wink:

It 'could be' ... But I think person34, will post back with what he finds... as he said he will get back to it today, he was gone for the wkend...
Most folks will return to let everyone know how things wind up... :smile:KennyV

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would add up the number of hours Kenny and I have working on engines, solving a lot tougher problems than this even you would bet on our advice on this problem. That's how I know!

person34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gentleman, thank you very much for your advice, and thank you for taking time to help others who are not that mechanically skilled.

Mr. Kenny V was right all the way ! Thank you very much Sir!

It was the solenoid and the starter.

My problem started when the starter jammed in the flywheel and somehow the magnets inside the starter got loose and this cooked the solenoid.

I re glued the magnets, cleaned the starter, I took the solenoid apart, cleaned the cooked contacts, I put it back together and ..it's alive !!
My tractor is working !

The starter is spinning to the right direction and engages the flywheel...in the previous post I says that the starter is spinning in the wrong direction ..and it was , but now it's all good. ( I don't understand either)

I consider myself pretty mechanically skilled but this tractor is a character. I hope it will never brake down again.

Thank you
Have a great day !

person34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Molerj for explaining me the right way to check a solenoid .

Thank you
Have a great day !