Creeping Charlie

Buckshot721

Threads
Last year this weed was slowly taking over my lawn. With still a foot of snow outside I'm trying to put together a plan of attack. Some of the things I got off the internet did not even touch it. Like a borax and water mix, I even bought a cheap weed killer that read on the can it would kill it, nothing. How in the world do you get rid of this damn stuff?? Besides dumping Roundup on my lawn.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry, never heard of it -- maybe some research. Do you have an extension service (state or county) that might have the answer ?

Good Luck !

monica123

Threads
That stuff is hard to get rid of. I have that and goat weed. I literally have to pull them out one by one and keep checking for the ones that grow back and pull them out too. It is a pain!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is good for getting rid of Chick Weed... I think that's the same as Creeping Charlie...
Ortho Weed-B-Gon Chickweed, Clover & Oxalix Killer

:smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
Do you know if that will harm any other type of plants? All my plants are bundled together, I don't want to harm one to control another.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you know if that will harm any other type of plants? All my plants are bundled together, I don't want to harm one to control another.

That is the problem with any chemical... You are never going to find any that are so selective that they only target what you want...
There are really no short cuts, only trade offs... :smile:KennyV

Tinyfxds

Forum Newbie
Threads
Triplet will kill Charlie. It's a broad spectrum weedkiller that is safe for grass but is very effective on weeds. Charlie is tough to kill even with the best weedkiller. You may have to apply Triplet twice a month between applications. Charlie can also be resistant to weed killer so it's good to switch weed killer from year to year.