Engine Crankshaft (PTO) specifications for CV20S-65577

Toltec

Threads
Not sure if I’m going to replace it or rebuild it. I’m not particularly savy on what engines might bolt back onto the frame without much trouble and it’s been a very long time since I’ve been inside an engine. I’m sort of in between a rock and a hard place trying to decide on how I’m going to proceed.

But again, I do appreciate the responses.

Threads
Any engine will bolt on being Briggs, Kawi, Kohler, ETC ETC........ When the pulley is off you can measure the shaft with a tape or some calipers, you can hand make calipers and then transfer that to a piece of paper then measure with a ruler.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Toltec

Threads
Boudreaux. So, basically any motor of this HP or close to it is drilled and tapped sufficiently for universal mounting on that plate the engine is bolted to? Or something like that? If true that would be great! I would just need to find a motor with the right PTO shaft and bolt it all back together? That sounds too easy....

Thanks

Threads
Boudreaux. So, basically any motor of this HP or close to it is drilled and tapped sufficiently for universal mounting on that plate the engine is bolted to? Or something like that? If true that would be great! I would just need to find a motor with the right PTO shaft and bolt it all back together? That sounds too easy....

Thanks

That is correct ...... Even if your shaft is 1 1/8 inch you can use a Briggs or other with a 1 inch shaft..... You just have to swap out pulley or electric clutch.......

I do quite a few repowers here at my shop.... I have a very low overhead so I can save most people money, I even have engines and parts delivered to peoples doors that live out of state......

Last edited:
Threads
Toltec............ What does your air filter look like ????? The big round one on top of the engine or the flat one on the side ????

Got my curiosity up...... That question was asked earlier in the first couple post I think......

Plus Tard............

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Toltec............ What does your air filter look like ????? The big round one on top of the engine or the flat one on the side ????

Got my curiosity up...... That question was asked earlier in the first couple post I think......

Plus Tard............

IPL shows a short round donut style filter that is high mounted, so the air filter cover faces up instead of forward, like most vertical Kohler cammand that are in the cylinder V.

Toltec

Threads
Must have missed that question on the air filter. It’s on the side. I would characterize it as being on the front of the engine when looking at the mower from the front. It’s a circular paper filter with a foam ring around it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Either way you go, you will have to remove the pulley/clutch etc.
Why not do that first and measure?
Why do you think that you need a new engine?

Toltec

Threads
Engine is off the mower. I just today measured the diameter of the shaft and it’s 1 1/18” and it’s either 4 5/16”or 4 3/8” long. It started smoking and consuming quite a bit of oil. If spark plugs are a clue it’s burning oil in the right front cylinder.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pull the head on that side, look for a bad head gasket. Just pull the head and look.