Craftsman tecumseh 6.75hp carb replacement

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve tried to do the best I can for you, but if you need a 1000% proof you’ll not get it from me. Hope someone still has the Tecumseh micro fiche cards and a reader to give you the absolute proof you want, I don’t. There are a lot of other service techs on this site who are way smarter than I am, maybe they can help you. Bye, Bye, Bye.

TylerH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve tried to do the best I can for you, but if you need a 1000% proof you’ll not get it from me. Hope someone still has the Tecumseh micro fiche cards and a reader to give you the absolute proof you want, I don’t. There are a lot of other service techs on this site who are way smarter than I am, maybe they can help you. Bye, Bye, Bye.
I guess maybe I'm just not very good at articulating the situation or something? I'm not asking for a thousand percent proof. I'm just asking if there's a way to try to confirm that the model number on the Sears/craftsman label, matches that model number that I posted from the Amazon site. I don't feel like you thus far have said 'yes those two match' or 'here's how you find out what engine is being used in the Craftsman lawn mower.'
You have just said that the number on the amazon site is a valid tecumseh number. But that really is not in question.

But again, maybe i have misunderstood.
Either way, thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tyler.
A carb is a carb is a carb is a carb is a carb
Provided that the throat is big enough to pass enough air/fuel mix into the engine and the main jet is close to the right size for that carburettor then any carb can be made to work on any engine and this applies even to lawnmowers.
If I pay $ 100 US to any one of 20,000 people in India they will give me a 100% perfect score on AmmoZone or Evilpay .
This is why, just like Rivets I don't source parts from either of them
The more lazy you are the higher chance you will get ripped off.
Rivets gave you the best answer
A rebuild kit & new gasket
No real skill or deep judgement required
Clean , remove old bits, replace with new bits put it back together.
The only time I replace as standard carb on a mower is when the holes that the butterflys goes through are so big the butterflys can not close fully

TylerH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't doubt he gave me a good answer... for someone who wants to do a rebuild. It's not something i care to undertake, so it's kinda an answer to a question i didn't ask is all.
But again, i appreciate the effort that you fine technically talented people have taken.

I can order on amazon for $25 canadian to my door in one day. Bolt it on and if it doesn't work, then try to rebuild the old one i guess. Potentially return the old one. I was afraid that perhaps mounting holes and openings might not match up if models were wrong. But sounds like they mostly all fit different applications i guess.

Just not sure I have the time, patience, products and tools for the rebuild. I don't need the mower to run like a ferrari. For $25 and very little effort, i can switch to plan b if no good.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well it is your money
The mounting holes are fairly well standardized across the whole industry
However you can always ask the vendor .
We gave you the correct answer
You asked the wrong question
As it is your money then you can do with it as you please but stop to have a think.
Ammozone / Evilpay will take around $ 5 of your $ 25 and Canada post another $ 5 to $ 10 .
The vendor would have to be making a profit on top of that so how much did the factory get for the carb ?
And remember their was freight from China to Canada as well to come out of it .

The factories in China sell 100% of their output
What gets rejected by QC goes into the secondary market where people who are very poor will attempt to work out why it was rejected the repair them and sell them back into the wholesale market
What they can't fix get resold to even poorer people who do the same.
Eventually you end up with scrap and depending upon the current scrap prices for zinc, aluminium. plastic & brass some one will pull it apart for scrap or onsell it into the whole sale market knowing that there are millions of idiots out there who believe in Santa Clause and honestly think a $ 25 carb is just the same as a $ 125 carb without the $ 100 of excess profit that the thieving parts retailers put on their parts .

Charlie8d

Threads
If you are set on trying a cheap carb, buy 3 of the one listed on Amazon. You may get one to work OK. Look at all their carbs & NOTICE that they all have reviews that are 4 1/2 or 5 stars ! HA !