Craftsman T1600 Riding Mower Blows blueish smoke

First thing I hear is an engine which is running no where close to 3000 RPMs. At the speed it’s running there is not way to tell what is wrong. Edit, By the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about a riding mower? Unless I’ve lost everything, that engine is on an elcheapo push mower. Why am I so whacked out, or just a stupid old fart???
 
So you had a siliconed rocker cover obviously
I hope you put a gasket in there rather than more glue
The gaskets rarely ever leak and being a major job to take the siliconed cover off, no one bothers to adjust the valve lash
As the engine was not getting a full charge due to the broken head gasket it will not sound as loud as it will when you have both a full charge & full compression.
 
So you had a siliconed rocker cover obviously
I hope you put a gasket in there rather than more glue
The gaskets rarely ever leak and being a major job to take the siliconed cover off, no one bothers to adjust the valve lash
As the engine was not getting a full charge due to the broken head gasket it will not sound as loud as it will when you have both a full charge & full compression.
yeah, I put a gasket on THIS time, it took me hours to get the OHV valve cover off
 
First thing I hear is an engine which is running no where close to 3000 RPMs. At the speed it’s running there is not way to tell what is wrong. Edit, By the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about a riding mower? Unless I’ve lost everything, that engine is on an elcheapo push mower. Why am I so whacked out, or just a stupid old fart???
haha, no, that was just a video I found on what it sounded like, it IS a riding lawn mower
 
I hope not, but I think we both are. That video is about as useful and the mower it is showing. Yes, I think I answered my own question, I’m loosing it.
 
Back
Top