Craftsman T1600 Riding Mower Blows blueish smoke

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I hear is an engine which is running no where close to 3000 RPMs. At the speed it’s running there is not way to tell what is wrong. Edit, By the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about a riding mower? Unless I’ve lost everything, that engine is on an elcheapo push mower. Why am I so whacked out, or just a stupid old fart???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So you had a siliconed rocker cover obviously
I hope you put a gasket in there rather than more glue
The gaskets rarely ever leak and being a major job to take the siliconed cover off, no one bothers to adjust the valve lash
As the engine was not getting a full charge due to the broken head gasket it will not sound as loud as it will when you have both a full charge & full compression.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
So you had a siliconed rocker cover obviously
I hope you put a gasket in there rather than more glue
The gaskets rarely ever leak and being a major job to take the siliconed cover off, no one bothers to adjust the valve lash
As the engine was not getting a full charge due to the broken head gasket it will not sound as loud as it will when you have both a full charge & full compression.
yeah, I put a gasket on THIS time, it took me hours to get the OHV valve cover off

Craftsman Garage

Threads
First thing I hear is an engine which is running no where close to 3000 RPMs. At the speed it’s running there is not way to tell what is wrong. Edit, By the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about a riding mower? Unless I’ve lost everything, that engine is on an elcheapo push mower. Why am I so whacked out, or just a stupid old fart???
haha, no, that was just a video I found on what it sounded like, it IS a riding lawn mower

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
"help me diagnosis my engine. I attach a video of some other guys mower." Am I reading this right?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I hope not, but I think we both are. That video is about as useful and the mower it is showing. Yes, I think I answered my own question, I’m loosing it.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
and now when I crank it over with the key it will turn a bit, but then stop, and the solenoid makes a squealing noise