Craftsman 917274822 tractor

Need2learn

Threads
Update I was able to get it right, after trying like 3 belts from amazon they were ALL TOO TIGHT, I found a original Sears Belt and it was like 1 1/2 longer, I put that belt and it works just fine.. Stay away from Amazon Cheap Chinese belts they will NOT FIT.
I even ordered a blade cable and THAT WAS TOO SHORT... I had to reroute into to get it to work... the black belts you get are OEM junk,,, make sure you get the brown original sears belts.

Need2learn

Threads
Like Bertsmobile 1 said. The belt must go between the idler pulley belt guide and the pulley. Also the belt must go between the mandrel pulley and brake pad on both mandrel pulleys. If you remove pulley guards it's easy to see .
Yeah I said there only one way to put the belts on,,, it wasn't ME it was Amazon cheap cut belts

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear you got it sorted.
If you go through the various threads you se the techs, the people who do this stuff day in & day out just about preaching .
1) measure every belt to confirm it is what it is what the label says it is
2) don't buy off Amazon or ebay

There is a good reason why we keep telling people that .

Need2learn

Threads
Glad to hear you got it sorted.
If you go through the various threads you se the techs, the people who do this stuff day in & day out just about preaching .
1) measure every belt to confirm it is what it is what the label says it is
2) don't buy off Amazon or ebay

There is a good reason why we keep telling people that .
You are not lying about buying off Amazon for lawnmower parts. Thanks again you buy and you learn.