couple of Turf Tiger questions

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
DFI engines have a electric fuel pump to boost fuel pressure for the fuel injectors.
If your deck unlocks OK from the up and locked position, you are probably good to go.
Several weeks ago I was with a group in Northwestern Ohio railfanning and we were in Defiance, OH. I commented to the guys that Indiana wasn't far away, one of the guys had never been to Indiana, so I took him west on OH Rt. 18, across the border and back to Defiance, OH. Now he can say the he has been to Indiana!!! He is partially paralyzed and doesn't get around much, but he has a friend who works for Amtrak and travels a lot for business and he sometimes goes on trips with him.
Mad Mackie in CT

Sonders

Threads
Just thought I'd update for anybody actually following this post. Finally got the deck pitched down like it's supposed to. Ended up cheating and cutting a little bit off of the deck lock handle since I had the deck pitched and leveled right but it was just shy of being able to lock in travel position. It is perfect now and after mowing yesterday, yard striped out beautifully. Also, the deal with the mower cutting out the previous week.......Fuel line was pretty clogged, and some crap in the gas tank. I removed all the fuel line from tank to fuel pump and blew out all the line, then replaced fuel filter. With tank empty stuck a shop vac in there and cleaned out remaining debris in tank. Runs like a completely different mower now that it's getting proper fuel flow haha. Oh the joys of buying used.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just thought I'd update for anybody actually following this post. Finally got the deck pitched down like it's supposed to. Ended up cheating and cutting a little bit off of the deck lock handle since I had the deck pitched and leveled right but it was just shy of being able to lock in travel position. It is perfect now and after mowing yesterday, yard striped out beautifully. Also, the deal with the mower cutting out the previous week.......Fuel line was pretty clogged, and some crap in the gas tank. I removed all the fuel line from tank to fuel pump and blew out all the line, then replaced fuel filter. With tank empty stuck a shop vac in there and cleaned out remaining debris in tank. Runs like a completely different mower now that it's getting proper fuel flow haha. Oh the joys of buying used.

Glad to hear you've got the initial annoying problems corrected. Doesn't sound, though, like you have any "major" problems with that used Turf Tiger. More than likely you'll end up getting more than your money's worth with that Scag(I was dead set on new when I bought and my pockets just weren't quite deep enough to get a Scag, but I know they are top notch equipment). Keep us posted as to how it's doing!! I'm gonna wate until I've got at least two full seasons on my Gravely(around 75-100 hours) before I give a full review on it, So far I love it, but it's only got qbout 31 hours on it.

Sonders

Threads
Glad to hear you've got the initial annoying problems corrected. Doesn't sound, though, like you have any "major" problems with that used Turf Tiger. More than likely you'll end up getting more than your money's worth with that Scag(I was dead set on new when I bought and my pockets just weren't quite deep enough to get a Scag, but I know they are top notch equipment). Keep us posted as to how it's doing!! I'm gonna wate until I've got at least two full seasons on my Gravely(around 75-100 hours) before I give a full review on it, So far I love it, but it's only got qbout 31 hours on it.

I hear ya, there was no way I was going to afford a brand new one. My previous mower was a Gravely zt 52hd that I did buy brand new, but it wasn't near as heavy duty as the TT. I'm liking it a lot better now that it's running and cutting like it should!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya, there was no way I was going to afford a brand new one. My previous mower was a Gravely zt 52hd that I did buy brand new, but it wasn't near as heavy duty as the TT. I'm liking it a lot better now that it's running and cutting like it should!

Did the ZT HD serve you well??? I considered the ZT HD 52, which seemed to be a pretty nice high-end residential for the money, but when I decided for sure that I wanted a more commercial ZTR I moved up to the Pro Turn 100 XDZ 52". I've been real happy with it and for $6,800 out-the-door for a commercial ZTR I figured I did pretty good.

Sonders

Threads
Did the ZT HD serve you well??? I considered the ZT HD 52, which seemed to be a pretty nice high-end residential for the money, but when I decided for sure that I wanted a more commercial ZTR I moved up to the Pro Turn 100 XDZ 52". I've been real happy with it and for $6,800 out-the-door for a commercial ZTR I figured I did pretty good.

Yes, it was a really nice mower. Rode kinda rough, and the smaller rear tires would spin out fairly easy were about the only downsides to it. Other than that it served me well for the past 3 yrs and striped my yard beautifully. Only reason I got the Turf Tiger is because I ended up with a few acres more to mow each week and wanted something bigger to get done faster.

Sonders

Threads
Just thought I'd add a pic of the cut I'm getting now. Looking a lot better.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just thought I'd add a pic of the cut I'm getting now. Looking a lot better.

WOW, that looks great...you should post that in the "Striping, Gotta Love It" thread over in the Landscaping forum!!! I just bought a Gravely mulch kit a couple of weeks ago for my Pro-Turn 152, pitched the deck "level" instead of 1/8" lower in the front and I'm getting a fantastic cut with a "mild" striping effect(but not as good as yours). But this last Saturday I went to my dealer and ordered the Gravely Hex Striper kit(MSRP of $238 and he sold it to me for $199). I'm hoping when I add it I'll get my lawn looking like your picture!!! The thing I like about the Gravely kit is it mounts to the engine shield instead of the rear of the deck and you can engage/dis-engage it for "stripe-on-demand". I really don't want to stripe my back yard(nobody sees it except the birds and squirrels:0)

Sonders

Threads
WOW, that looks great...you should post that in the "Striping, Gotta Love It" thread over in the Landscaping forum!!! I just bought a Gravely mulch kit a couple of weeks ago for my Pro-Turn 152, pitched the deck "level" instead of 1/8" lower in the front and I'm getting a fantastic cut with a "mild" striping effect(but not as good as yours). But this last Saturday I went to my dealer and ordered the Gravely Hex Striper kit(MSRP of $238 and he sold it to me for $199). I'm hoping when I add it I'll get my lawn looking like your picture!!! The thing I like about the Gravely kit is it mounts to the engine shield instead of the rear of the deck and you can engage/dis-engage it for "stripe-on-demand". I really don't want to stripe my back yard(nobody sees it except the birds and squirrels:0)

Thanks man, I'm pretty happy with it now. That stripe kit you are getting sounds pretty sweet; even better the deal you got on it! I was actually in the process of making a stripe kit to mount on the back of my mower, but I don't think I'm going to mess with mounting it now.