Clean your cooling fins yearly

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I rebuilt my chicken coop a few years ago to coon proof it... Worked good for about 1 month... I had made a separate cage for their nests/roost in the inside, best i can tell is the coons got into the main coop, and reached through the chicken wire on the nest boxes and strangled them. Just strangled them.

Gord Baker

Threads
I stuff small chicken wire around the Fan shroud so they cannot get in.

EatPreyMow

Threads
If you guys liked that one you're gonna love this.

Neglected for over ten years. The mouse urine dissolved the cooling fins on cylinder head #1 and froze nearly every bolt exposed to it.

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0007.jpg

After a few weeks of cleaning and wrenching:

IMG_0151.jpg

efred

Threads
Oh, yeah; mouse urine is highly caustic. You ought to see the fireworks when they've peed all over the armature of a 75hp, 440V, 3-phase well motor. It's spectacular, frightening, and expensive (had to replace and adapt a new motor to the old well).

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
yeah, the best way to keep mice away, do like i do... i keep a cat under the blower housing.... i only heard him complain once.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yuck
Worst one I ever had the nesting material was mostly cloth which was getting jambed between the starter pinion & the flywheel teeth locking the starter
The owner had burned out the starter motor after burning up a battery before he called me in .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
After a few weeks of cleaning and wrenching:
WOW, great job - of replacing everything. Looking good now. Even that spark plug insulator was yellow LOL.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maybe I could start using rat urine to clean aluminium transfer instead of acid ??