Checking noises but can't leave the seat !!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Long, long ago in the late 60's, I worked in a machine shop evenings thru high school. I had long sleeves on (which was a no-no), running a milling machine, slow speed. In a flash my sleeve got caught & was pulling me in, I was fortunate enough to hit the OFF button..

Somethings one never forgets.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I worked in a machine shop evenings thru high school. I had long sleeves on (which was a no-no), running a milling machine, slow speed. In a flash my sleeve got caught & was pulling me in, I was fortunate enough to hit the OFF button..

Somethings one never forgets.
and I thought getting my T-shirt caught in the wirebrush on my cordless drill was scary.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So a cinder block in the seat is terrible, but bypassing the switch is fine?

It is real early, and I may not be reading this correctly....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Fish, your just getting old...You know youngings do a lot dumb things like not listening to us oldies that have more experience.

It sorta like paying better attention. I once had my steel band welded and had to have it cut off. I got lucky to only get a severe burn. Yes things like loose clothing and long sleeves can get us in a lot of hurt. Even the best of us do have slip ups even when paying very close attention to things. Lucky safety features prevent a lot of these accidents.

Something I never have understood. Why does someone jumps out of a perfectly good aircraft? Just because it can done is it 100% safe?

When equipment comes in my shop with bypassed safeties they their function gets restored and noted in the customer file. Things like spindle and anti sail covers get replaced when missing.

Before someone say it. Yes I know users don't like being told what to do but I rather it least protect myself. It sorta like the current Covid vaccine where about 40+% of population rather take a fair chance of dying from it. I got my opinion of these folks but I will keep it to myself. For me I tended to avoid crowds in the first place but now even more. It is a lot less trouble in general.

Cusser

Threads
A gal at work in the pilot manufacturing facility got her hair caught in a fan; she was lucky to have been unharmed.

peteco

Threads
Don't do it alone. Seat another person in the seat, he can see you when you inspect and can help with the danger. Keep distance to moving parts.

bkeller500

Threads
Caution.......if it is making a screech, or squeal, then something could be about to snap! Broken parts could go flying.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Safety glasses & caution should be excersized.

Bellcrank

Threads
Ya know who you are.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 12-06-02 bill engvall here's your sign at DuckDuckGo.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 12-06-02 bill engvall here's your sign at DuckDuckGo.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 2

crawlcats

Forum Newbie
Threads