(Censored) rainfall !!!!

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope - I have nothing to prove - It was an opinion ! :biggrin:

BTW - My Father was also Robert Brown.

I think you and I can agree that politics and climate chang are 2 distinctly separate issues. You may very well be correct with your cycles theory. I think we can also agree that climate change is happening and the cause is yet to be determined.
Understand that I am not trying to sell you a Prius or a point of view, rather, my intention is to outline the boundries between politics and nature.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think we can also agree that many people in politics who are supposed to be our "representatives" take care of their own needs first. Some politicians prove over and over again that they are only good at creating wealth for themselves.

Politics has no role (or very little) in my opinion about climate.

We need rain - it just needs to be spread out and come slow and steady instead of all at once.

Oddball

Threads
I have NEVER just used one source of information to make my judgments.

Al Gore has nothing to do with my opinion except that he is backing the whole "global warming" thing and making huge profits from it while HE is one of the biggest offenders with the energy use at his mansion and jetting all over the globe. I was using him as an example and a JOKE !:biggrin:

I'm sure we can do better, but some of the things that are suggested will have minimal impact except to make some people rich.

Again, it is just my opinion, but I believe that major reason for the climate and weather is a natural cycle that the earth goes through from time to time.

My nose is still planted firmly on this face and won't be cut off to spite it!

I agree with BKBrown on this. "Global Warming" is just the earth's natural cycle and nothing new. Its just something for the environmentalists to latch onto to spread fear and their agenda. Studies have shown the earth's average temp has actually decreased by 1.5 degrees (I believe that was the number) over the last decade, yet the believers still scream the earth's gonna burn up because some cow farted somewhere. I'm not saying we shouldn't, within reason, do what we can to preserve the environment, but we can certainly do it without being alarmist and running around screaming the sky is falling.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exactly, Thanks ! I think you are right on the number (or very close).
I agree with BKBrown on this. "Global Warming" is just the earth's natural cycle and nothing new. Its just something for the environmentalists to latch onto to spread fear and their agenda. Studies have shown the earth's average temp has actually decreased by 1.5 degrees (I believe that was the number) over the last decade, yet the believers still scream the earth's gonna burn up because some cow farted somewhere. I'm not saying we shouldn't, within reason, do what we can to preserve the environment, but we can certainly do it without being alarmist and running around screaming the sky is falling.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Here, JD, check out John Kerfoot's Pure Michigan spoof entitled "Monsoon Season." Somebody's got a good handle on this year's rain. NSFW.

A Michigan Parody