Carry a gun on your mower?

Rocketman

Threads
I have an old beat uo Glock 19 9MM that I carry almost anytime I am outside. I live in the country with not many neighbors so if that one person pulls in with bad intensions, I do not want to worry about running into the house and getting my gun.
If my only neighbor thinks I'm crazy for mowing with a gun, he can just keep on thinking it!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have an old beat uo Glock 19 9MM that I carry almost anytime I am outside. I live in the country with not many neighbors so if that one person pulls in with bad intensions, I do not want to worry about running into the house and getting my gun.
If my only neighbor thinks I'm crazy for mowing with a gun, he can just keep on thinking it!

Thank goodness I don't live in your type of neighbor hood.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have an old beat uo Glock 19 9MM that I carry almost anytime I am outside. I live in the country with not many neighbors ...

Hello Rocketman... & WELCOME to These Forums....Glock 19 is great for carry... And I also live in the country-ish, tho there are More neighbors moving closer than there use to be...
I still carry a handgun or long gun when mowing larger pastures... & during deer season I try to always carry when anywhere outside, Not for hunting, But a buck can get very nasty if are walking & you don't notice him/give an appropriate amount of space...
Coyotes can also be a bit of a problem for pets in the general area... as are skunks, opossums and raccoon occasionally even larger cats. There are plenty reasons to be armed... not necessarily just because of the 2 legged predator...
:smile:KennyV

Rocketman

Threads
Thank goodness I don't live in your type of neighbor hood.

Did I say I lived in the ghetto? I never said I lived in a neighborhood, I live in the country and a farming community. most houses where I live are 300K and up with large acerages of farm land to go with them. No matter where you live these days, human preditors can come around. I don't know where you live, but it doesn't really matter, we are all susceptable to 2 legged predators. The time you are not ready for them is usually the time they will show up!

Rocketman

Threads
Hello Rocketman... & WELCOME to These Forums....Glock 19 is great for carry... And I also live in the country-ish, tho there are More neighbors moving closer than there use to be...
I still carry a handgun or long gun when mowing larger pastures... & during deer season I try to always carry when anywhere outside, Not for hunting, But a buck can get very nasty if are walking & you don't notice him/give an appropriate amount of space...
Coyotes can also be a bit of a problem for pets in the general area... as are skunks, opossums and raccoon occasionally even larger cats. There are plenty reasons to be armed... not necessarily just because of the 2 legged predator...
:smile:KennyV

Thanks Kenny, it's good to be here! My land is pretty much out in the wide open with corn and soy bean fields on both sides, and it is a little oasis for critters. I really don't carry because of them so much because I'll pick the unwanted ones off with my .22 or .223 varmint rifle if needed.
My girl friends have a habit of leaving the house open and unlocked because they don't think anybody evil exists in the entire world, and woujld not have a clue how to deal with it if it ever happened.
They will lay on the beach by the pond behind the house and would never imagine that somebody could drive up with wrong intentions. Being from a rough town where I grew up, I know different. They think I am a little paranoid and I think it is just being ready.
People that have lived in the country know that sometimes wrong doers pray on places in the country because they are much more isolated than in town, and it takes much longer for first responders to reach you!
Anyway, thankls for the welcome!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I guess in my last 70 years I have never been mugged on my mower or ever heard of it. Where I live you need the gun more in the evening
when you are sitting in the house watching TV. I do have guns and know how to use them but I guess I really have never seen a need for them
as for protection from other humans, that I have to always need a gun. Yes if I am in the city I do keep a small hand gun in my pocket which no one knows
about. When I go to my camp in the mountains I bring a 38 S&W with me but more for animals then humans. I just don't believe in shooting another
human is the right thing to do. No matter how you will word it I don't agree and sure hope I never have to because I don't think I could pull the trickier
if a human was on the other end.

Rocketman

Threads
Well I guess in my last 70 years I have never been mugged on my mower or ever heard of it. Where I live you need the gun more in the evening
when you are sitting in the house watching TV. I do have guns and know how to use them but I guess I really have never seen a need for them
as for protection from other humans, that I have to always need a gun. Yes if I am in the city I do keep a small hand gun in my pocket which no one knows
about. When I go to my camp in the mountains I bring a 38 S&W with me but more for animals then humans. I just don't believe in shooting another
human is the right thing to do. No matter how you will word it I don't agree and sure hope I never have to because I don't think I could pull the trickier
if a human was on the other end.

I feel the same way as long as the other guy has good intentions, but I also beleive that if someone attacks you with the intention to do you harm, you have every right to defend yourself and your family. I would probably give them a chance to leave if possible and would never shoot on sight, but if they keep coming they are toast!
I was living in North Carolina a few years back, and was under a shade tree checking the oil in my lawnmower, and cooling off for a bit. An old truck pulled into the driveway, and a couple of rough customers were really looking around like they were getting ready to make a move. I turned around and began walking toward them and they noticed my Glock. They acted like they couldn't leave fast enough, so that told me they were up to no good.
I have had at least 10 incedents where a gun has stopped an attack on me or my family members, but I have traveled most of my life and have had a lot more exposure to bad people in bad areas than most. But one thing that taught me is no matter where you are or where you go, there are always bad people around!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are differently a lot stronger willed person then I am. I have a problim killing a innocent animal much less a human.

Rocketman

Threads
You are differently a lot stronger willed person then I am. I have a problim killing a innocent animal much less a human.

Well, I only kill animals that need killing such as a coyote that eats my chickens, barn cats, and attacks my dog. And I would only shoot a human that was obviously intending to do me or my girfriends harm. You must realize that when and if a person attacks you with the intentions of doing you bodily harm, or worse, it then becomes your right to defend yourself by whatever means possible, and it becomes his right to face the punishment.
Even the bible says, " an eye for an eye"! You really need to change your attitude and be willing to defend yourself when you know you are in the right! Simply letting a bad person attack you or your family with no retaliation just is not acceptable, and is not looking out for your family.
When somebody or something threatens me or my family, I get mad, real mad, so maybe you would feel differently if it ever really happens to you. I hope it doesn't but until you are in that situation, it is really hard to say what you would or wouldn't do!