Carburetor study with microscope plus Smarter Every Day video

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Carburetor study with microscope plus Smarter Every Day video
Well there are times they necessary no matter what you do. But most time the USC does the job. Either way no cleaning method is perfect. There are times it is a combination of them that is needed. Of if you just install a China Junk on the engine is it a good that one or more of the jets will need reworking. Just did one about a month ago where the idle jet was a couple sizes too small.

And Hammer see what you get by opening your big mouth. Here back in 70's and 80's Redstone communications would roll out there radio hunters trying to caught us guys operating out of band but we had our own spies watching for them. When we knew they was patrolling we go to the in between the legal channels to talk. Of course I wasnt supposed to have 135 am channels on the 40 am channel CB radio either.

I have it on good authority that more than one alphabet agency has had you under surveillance for quite some time.

And this coming from a guy who actually used to do intelligence gathering for the NSA in the 70's

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
And this coming from a guy who actually used to do intelligence gathering for the NSA in the 70's
i swear i lost everything i had in a boating accident.... So NOTHING to see here....??

Joe Kuhn

Threads
Got me a new digital microscope to take some better pictures. Look at the resolution on the threads on this new Briggs main jet.

1625418209382.png

I'm wondering what torch tip cleaners really look like up close...

Joe Kuhn

Threads
Sun Jul 04 12-15-25.jpg
Here's a side hole on that Brigg's jet. It's nice and clean.

Joe Kuhn

Threads
Here's a torch tip cleaner compared to a round file I happen to have in my shop. Torch tip cleaner is on top, round file on the bottom.

1625420486386.png

Big difference. Torch tip cleaner is basically flat with grooves cut in it while the round file has flares.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are still files

Joe Kuhn

Threads
1625454996245.png

I'll have to purchase some cleaning drills for comparison.