carburetor problems

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It could possibly have an air leak between the carb and the engine. When it is running, spray some carb cleaner between the carb and the engine and see if the engine speed changes.

I said the same thing check for vacuum leaks also a very loose intake valve guide can give you a vacuum leak. do you have your linkage hooked up right? A new carburetor is going to repair anything if you got other problems.

carl30401

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have checked for air leaks and have not found anything so far

carl30401

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok the engine will run good with the choke pulled out part way. i just replaced the spark plugs so im asuming with the choke part way and the engine runs fairly good im thinking the carburator is stopped up somewhere.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll just repeat the basics of auto carburetion... If there is an inlet valve make sure it is not clogged . It it's pointed look for damage like deep grooving. If a float is used and it's starving raise the float level by ?bending? a tang. If it takes an air cleaner run it. If the choke just restricts air intake sounds indeed starved (Plugs should not be black) If choke also opens blutterfly perhaps too much buttefly?

carl30401

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok i got the carburator off right now so i will check everything again