Cannot adjust Idle or Neutral Speed LA 105 Deere

bodybuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Briggs OEM carburetor sells for a mere $170. The Chinese knockoffs are marketed for $15-$25. Unfortunately, barring obtaining a used OEM carburetor, no middle ground exists.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Evidently you did not see first post after your initial post, $132.28. Click on Green Parts & scroll down page, carburetor is first item.

bodybuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
I actually discovered the 581734 Briggs carburetor locally for $126 Surprisingly, they are a bit cloudy on a warranty, reluctantly giving a meager six month guarantee. In contrast the $13 Chinese knockoff grants a 1 year warranty. LOL

bodybuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Additionally, is there a Walbro carburetor which may be substituted for the Briggs 581734?

bodybuff

Forum Newbie
Threads

Syconeer 594603 Carburetor for Riding Lawn Mower Tractor Carb Fits Nikki Replace OE 594603 591734 796110 844717​

This $17 Syconeer aftermarket carburetor featured by Amazon,has no main fuel jet. However after trying 4 other carburetors this model idles perfectly, runs well under full load starts effortlessly and works flawlessly at all speeds in my 19.5 hp Briggs engine on a 2009 Deere LA 105 I may have gotten lucky. I suspect the main jet is tailored for the 19.5 HP Briggs as opposed to the other more generic carburetor models

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A carb is a carb is a carb
If the main jet is too small it will just run out of power under full load
The main difference is the leverage at the throttle rod so the position of the butterfly has to be in sync with the movements of the governor
I have at times drilled new holes in the governor arm so the full travel of the arm coinsided with full opening of the throttle butterfly .
After that it is just the size of the carb throat ( venturl to be precise )
Too big and the response will be sluggish and too small will make the response to violent
However there is a big range in between the extremes where you will get acceptable to perfect running .

bodybuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
My surprisingly well functioning aftermarket carburetor features no problematic adjustable main jet like the Nikki carburetor it replaced