Buying Suggestions For Zero Turn Mower

Kaos Kustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in SW Florida and mow 1 1/4 acres, mostly St. Augustine(wide blade grass). No rocks, stumps, or other obstacles other than pine trees. Reasonably flat terrain. I don't want to waste money on a box-store piece of jusk but can't justify spending $6k + on a full commercial mower. I've looked at Hustler Sport 56" w/26hp B&S $3700, Big Dog R-Series 48" w/22hp Kohler Courage $4800, eXmark Quest E-Series 42" w/Kawasaki $2900, and Ferris 1500Z 48" w/Kawasaki $5500.
Leaning toward the Hustler, I think some of the more expensive models are just overkill.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hustler, ExMark and Ferris are all good units. Stay away from the Kohler Courage engine. I would also look at the Toro Timecutter line if you have a dealership in your area. Which ever one you purchase, make sure that you are extremely comfortable working with the dealer. I have seen many dealers who will give you a good deal, but won't help you a lot down the road if you have a problem. Have one in my area who under cuts our prices by 10%, but is always to busy to help after the sale, even warranty work.

scott47429

Threads
you can always look into used commercial mowers i got mine for 3500 and its a 31 horse 3 cylinder liquid cooled 72" cut Exmark and man do i love it and for sure stay away from the courage engine there not doing so hot right now lots of design flaws

Kaos Kustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback. I know for sure to stay away from the Courage engine. Leaning toward the Hustler mower but looking at a used Exmark 52" with less than 200 hours on it...:thumbsup:

scott47429

Threads
either is a great mower but I'm a Exmark fan here

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW BIG DOG R SERIES 60" IT IS THE SAME MOWER AS THE HUSTLER FAST TRAK(MADE BY SAME MANUFACTURER) BUT PAID PROBABLY 1500 TO 2000 LESS BECAUSE IT IS RED AND SAYS BIG DOG ON IT.....I LOVE IT

Popeye

Threads
Those look pretty good. Have to go check em out. But the next one I buy will be a Ferris my back needs a break.

Kaos Kustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can get a new Ferris 48" for a REALLY good price...around $5k. I'm not hearing anything bad about them and the dealer is 5 minutes from my house...:licking:

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I live in SW Florida and mow 1 1/4 acres, mostly St. Augustine(wide blade grass). No rocks, stumps, or other obstacles other than pine trees. Reasonably flat terrain. I don't want to waste money on a box-store piece of jusk but can't justify spending $6k + on a full commercial mower. I've looked at Hustler Sport 56" w/26hp B&S $3700, Big Dog R-Series 48" w/22hp Kohler Courage $4800, eXmark Quest E-Series 42" w/Kawasaki $2900, and Ferris 1500Z 48" w/Kawasaki $5500.
Leaning toward the Hustler, I think some of the more expensive models are just overkill.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

How do the ones above compare to the BadBoy mowers we see listed at $4999? It is a 60" cut with your choice of Kohler, Kawasaki or B&S engine.

watch the video on this link.
ZT Lawn Mower | Bad Boy Mowers