Briggs & Statton manuals?

JAZ

Threads
Does anybody have a link to a site or page where we can download owners manuals? At the present time, there is a glitch on the Briggs site on the page to find and download manuals. The link is incorrect and it points right back to the page you start on. Kind of useless right now. I sent a message to Briggs asking if they could correct the link so customers can actually download the manuals. Might be a while before they fix it, IF they do.

I'd like to find both owners manuals and parts manuals for Briggs engines on some site, somewhere.
Try free manuals online or www.manualsonline.com

smhardesty

Threads
manualslib.com is good.

That looks like a good place to try. I just tried a quick search for an engine I just got done with. It didn't turn up any results, but that was just one. I have it bookmarked now so will try it the next time I go searching.

Thanks.

smhardesty

Threads

That page works sometimes, but then sometimes I end up with that page up, but the link is to the same page. Look at this screenshot. If you'll notice, the link is set to return to the exact page you started with, itself. I've been playing with this for quite a few days now. I keep trying to catch what it is I do differently each time. I can usually clear all the browser data, close the browser, then reopen it and go back to the page and it'll be just fine. Then, I go on surfing other sites and if I go back to that page, I get the crazy dead link loop. I don't doubt that it's something I do. I just haven't figured out what it is. The other thing I run into once in a while on that page is that the operator's manuals aren't available for some engines. One of the older engines I was working on a couple of days ago wasn't available. The parts list was there, but not the owner's manual. If i ever figure out what I do differently sometimes, I'll be sure to post up what it is. I know that I have read posts from other guys that have had the same experience as me on that page so it must be something common to a few of us anyway.

Take a close look at these two screenshots. Look beside the red arrows I included. In the first screenshot, there is a difference between the actual URL and the link. There is no # symbol in the URL in the first screenshot. But then look at the second screenshot. The URL and the link at the same exact thing. Both include the #. If you try clicking on the "Briggs & Stratton Engine" button, you'll just be directed right back to the same, exact page you started with. You can't go forward because the link is to itself. I don't know how I do it, or how the other guys do it, but somehow I occasionally end up with the dead link. And I have forgotten way too much about website scripting to recall how the script is calling for the same URL as itself. Maybe one of you guys are knowledgeable enough with website creation to explain what it is doing.

Screenshot_2022-12-15_08-00-56.png

Screenshot_2022-12-15_08-11-36.png

smhardesty

Threads
Try free manuals online or www.manualsonline.com

I bookmarked that one too. I just tried searching for the manual that I had trouble finding. It's not on that site either. Maybe it's just because the engine is so new and they haven't loaded those manuals into the site's database yet. But thanks for the link. I'll try it in the future.

kjonxx

Threads
Does anybody have a link to a site or page where we can download owners manuals? At the present time, there is a glitch on the Briggs site on the page to find and download manuals. The link is incorrect and it points right back to the page you start on. Kind of useless right now. I sent a message to Briggs asking if they could correct the link so customers can actually download the manuals. Might be a while before they fix it, IF they do.

I'd like to find both owners manuals and parts manuals for Briggs engines on some site, somewhere.
hammermill or manuals search

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sometimes its easier to ask dealer to lookup the owners manual and IPLs for the requester and send to where they can be downloaded. Now note some dealers are jerks to deal with.

IPLs are usually available at various online vendors. Of course you need the complete Model, Type code, along with the date code sometimes to get the correct parts. Oh I know they are not stored on our local systems but that's why we should not be using smart phone due to data usage limits. Beside a larger screen is much easier to view.

Now the more important service manuals, ASPI and DSB themselves are harder to get. And even Briggs don't update those service manuals except by sending out bulletins once released.

smhardesty

Threads
Oh I know they are not stored on our local systems but that's why we should not be using smart phone due to data usage limits. Beside a larger screen is much easier to view.

That could launch me on a whole, long, rant. I started working on computers in 1976 and spent 30+ years doing it. To me, a phone is exactly that - a phone. I use mine to talk to people. The first thing I do when I get a new phone is uninstall damned near everything on it. What I can't delete, I disable. I do leave the texting alone and i do send and/or receive a few texts a month. Other than that, there is nothing left on my phone. No, I won't use it as a camera, either. I have a REAL camera if I want to take photos. I have had several long, heated discussions with people about using their phones as a camera. Smart phones are INCAPABLE of zooming. Yes, I know. Your phone has a thing that SAYS zoom, but it is NOT a true zoom. The zoom function on a phone is nothing but a trick. True, optical zoom occurs when the glass elements inside the lens move to increase or decrease the focal length of the lens. Phones use digital zoom, which is implemented by leveraging the ISP or the software instead of using lens optics. The software in the phone them interpolates what it THINKS the zoomed image should look like, but it is NOT a true representation of the scene. Interpolation is a really nice, fancy term that means it guesses what the zoomed image should look like.

See? I can launch on that subject way too easily. I do the same thing you do. If I need to look up any info, check my email, or login to this forum, it is done on a REAL computer, not a 3" screened phone. LOL!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So I not all that alone using an old flip phone for years. I just a smart phone donated to me recently as I needed to do a video for Google then I found it had to be done live so that was a failure. I tried experimenting accessing the net via wifi but I quickly went to the desktop computer.

I work on computers for about 8 yrs in the 80's as Victor Technologies came out with their 9000 series that had a whopping 5Mb hard drive. We actually ran an business accounting program on it/ And I have to at least 2 Gb hard drive for my accounting system.

And yes I preferred my old Viritar 35mm with the 300x with a 2X multiplier optical zoom for taking pictures but I can't even find film for it anymore that it requires at the high level zooms I did. Boy I miss it for taking pictures.

smhardesty

Threads
And yes I preferred my old Viritar 35mm with the 300x with a 2X multiplier optical zoom for taking pictures but I can't even find film for it anymore that it requires at the high level zooms I did. Boy I miss it for taking pictures.

You got THAT right. I miss all my old Minolta 35mm rigs. I had 8 or 9 and then a whole arsenal of lenses. I switched to DSLRs quite a few years ago. Then, health problems prevented me from going out and taking all the photos I used to specialize in. I was really into old, antique barns and rusty, old trucks and tractors. To get the really good shots you just have to do some walking. My heart won't play nicely with me if I get too hot or exert myself too much so I kind of packed all the stuff in the back of my closet and left it there for a few years. I ran across them while searching for something else and decided to sell most of my stuff, especially all the cameras and lenses. To keep myself placated, I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200. I liked it so well I went ahead and bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 to get myself that 1200mm zoom and the 16 megapixels versus the 12 megapixels the FZ200 has. I love both of them for what I do now. The only thing I have to remember is that when zooming past 600mm, I need to use one of my tripods because I can no longer hold the camera steady enough to get clean and clear shots.

I just love it when one of the younger generation starts going on and on about all the neat little editing tools their smartphone has. I just tell them that if they used a REAL camera, there would be no need to edit the shot. LOL! There are nearly NONE of the younger generation that have ever used a film camera. Using film, you made damned sure to have everything set on the camera correctly for the shot, then you spent anywhere from a couple of minutes to several minutes lining the shot up so you'd have exactly what you wanted once the film was developed. Paying for the film plus paying for the developing cost enough that you didn't waste a whole passel of shots just to get one good one. Most, if not all, of your shots were good because you took the time to do things right. With these DSLRs and monster sized memory cards, photographers just rip one shot right after the other, HOPING one of them is good. Things have really changed.