Briggs & Statton manuals?

smhardesty

Threads
Does anybody have a link to a site or page where we can download owners manuals? At the present time, there is a glitch on the Briggs site on the page to find and download manuals. The link is incorrect and it points right back to the page you start on. Kind of useless right now. I sent a message to Briggs asking if they could correct the link so customers can actually download the manuals. Might be a while before they fix it, IF they do.

I'd like to find both owners manuals and parts manuals for Briggs engines on some site, somewhere.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You try googling the model number with owners manual as a search spec.

Other than there is the dealers Power Portal but you must be dealer to use it. So is there a particular manual you need currently?

smhardesty

Threads
Yeah, I'd like to have a copy of the owners manual for a model 08P502-0167-F1. There will be more I need as I go along, but this is the only one for now. Since I'll be needing them as I buy more to refurb, I'll need different ones. That's why I put a bug in the ears over on the Briggs site. It doesn't really make sense that the average Joe can download a complete parts manual, but can't even get ahold of a simple owners manual.

shadetree#1

Threads
Do you want owners manual or a service manual?

Here is a link to quite a few manual of all kinds.
You will have to register then click on the download, manual and links section and start scrolling.
Quite often when going to this site a add will jump in, just click the back button and go again. It usually goes the second time. Seems google chrome browser is little more user friendly as compared to microsoft edge for the site.
If you do not see the info you desire just go to the Technical section and ask.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be careful when replying to the OP. I’ve got a very interesting conversation with him I’m trying to share with the experienced techs on this forum.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do you want owners manual or a service manual?

Here is a link to quite a few manual of all kinds.
You will have to register then click on the download, manual and links section and start scrolling.
Quite often when going to this site a add will jump in, just click the back button and go again. It usually goes the second time. Seems google chrome browser is little more user friendly as compared to microsoft edge for the site.
If you do not see the info you desire just go to the Technical section and ask.
It is a little more involved then simply registering due to data harvesters and spammers. There is a required minimum number of posts before the download section opens to new members. Otherwords members must take part by sharing. It is a give and receive forum. One or more members had already violated the terms and the Briggs file section had to be reload to a different set of directories. When the provider started getting a lot file requests due to a security update he took down the Briggs files. He has since reloaded them under a new share link.

smhardesty

Threads
I'll try and reply to each post.

StarTech, I got the manual. Thank you kindly. Just what I needed.

shadetree#1, I'll take every owners manual and service manual I can get. I've started a little repair and service biz out of the garage. I've been buying some used mowers I find in the area with prices that wouldn't choke a horse. LOL! I have a laptop setup as a business box and I have loads of hard drive space for manuals. I've downloaded a lot already and I'm still looking for more. But, as for this specific request, I needed a copy of the owners manual.

Rivets, was your warning for me or about me? I'm not entirely certain what you were referring to.

StaeTech, again. I guess I'll have to register and do some posting over on that site you provided the link to. If they have manuals to download, I'm interested. As for people screwing up a good thing, I spent 30+ years in the computing industry. A lot of that time was in personal computer and network security. You don't have to tell me how badly people can screw things up. I was the only computer tech at a nearby college. I don't care how securely you make a network at a college. those kids can figure out every possible way to screw things up. I actually had to lock down one computer lab because the Korean students would make such drastic changes to the computers that no other student could then use them.

And THAT is why I started a small engine repair biz several years ago. I needed some way to decompress after marathon sessions to restore computers and networks. I'd spend evenings and weekends working on small engines and the rest of the time working on computer stuff. Kept me sane. I sold off all my specialty tools and all the inventory I had left when we bought this house 6 years ago. I figured I'd never need the stuff again as my wife and I both retired. I have decided to get back in the small engine biz to keep us from killing one another. LOL! It's not really that bad. I'm really just trying to find a good way to keep myself busy.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a little more involved then simply registering due to data harvesters and spammers. There is a required minimum number of posts before the download section opens to new members. Otherwords members must take part by sharing. It is a give and receive forum. One or more members had already violated the terms and the Briggs file section had to be reload to a different set of directories. When the provider started getting a lot file requests due to a security update he took down the Briggs files. He has since reloaded them under a new share link.
Well I registered just before I went away for a couple of weeks holidays
Had a quick look at what was there
Never made a single post
And when I got back there was a notice that I had a PM but I could not view it because I could not log in
Apparently I was banned by an administrator
So I doubt that I will bother with that forum any more

smhardesty

Threads
Apparently I was banned by an administrator
So I doubt that I will bother with that forum any more

You should try computer and Linux forums if you want to see a whole load of that type thing. I was recently banned from a Linux forum because I asked how to do a particular task and the administration on that forum banned me because they don't think I should be using a program that I have used for over ten years. No kidding. Some dip stick jumped all over me because I was asking how to make that program do something I knew was possible, but I just couldn't figure out how to do. I asked him to kindly refrain from posting on my thread if he had nothing positive and worthwhile to add. Within an hour I received notice I was banned. No great loss. I used that as the perfect excuse to jump to a completely different Linux distribution. Worked out well for me so far.

So, yeah, I'm familiar with that type thing. It's sad when a public forum is run in such a manner. You also need to keep in mind that there are members of forums that just continue to push the envelope and sometimes push a tad bit too far. Admins have to deal with all sorts of people and sometimes members just refuse to follow forum rules.