Briggs and Stratton experiment.

Praetorius

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you much for your reply "some day when i have nothing to do" ha ha ha ha, thats pretty funny,yeah this whole thing is a experiment,i like doing weird things like this,lol, the carburetor that was on my old mower i believe uses the little spring and vane governor,i would have to find a carb that would use a governor like this one that on the new block,its basically a arm that goes up with the crank or cam and keeps a certain rpm on the carb,i tried to find the info on that and it was daunting experience because of the many models Briggs has but i think if i keep looking i might find it.

What i was wanting to do was to open the sump, remove that governor arm (like my old mower was) and then just plug that hole up and be done,i have pulled many of these apart and the "guts" on my old one and this new block i have are identical except for that arm sitting there pretty not attached to anything (at the moment) but on the other hand you are right,the mechanical governor is a much better system, for example this old mower im experimenting with was a 10J902 type 0342 code 06042555, with all this info i can go on the net and find a carb, a crank ,a piston etc, this block i have is part number 793347,that doesn't tell the parts people much, if someone gives me a mower number and says "hey dude, that new block you have came with this type of mower, then i can find the parts and make it run on this old mower im tinkering with, i just need a reference point.

Heck, with my luck this short block came only on snowblowers that were only sold in Wisconsin, ha ha ha ha

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carbs are the same
The only difference is there is a longer rod that goes from the governor arm to the carb. and the spring is different .
Check the parts diagrams .
If you were near here and not a $ 50 parcel away I would pop one in the post to you.
Governor arms do require replacement very often , the link rods do get lost so they are a bit thin .
Springs come out of a grab pack

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After looking at the pictures, if you don’t want to spend the money I would still go will the air vane governor. No worries about leaking as it is a top mounted system. You can always go Bert’s method if you don’t like the outcome.

Praetorius

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow thats true, i never thought about that since that oil sits at the bottom, doubtful it would just be jumping up and all that, Berst and Rivets, thank you guys for all your input!! Berts, also thank you for the offer.