Briggs 17.5 OHV Throttle/RPM

Ezpz

Threads
Boobala when your engine is running and at full speed is the butterfly completely open or the govenor arm near its stopping point? mine sits about halfway

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
What about the carbs..... could you possibly have gotten a carb for a smaller c.i. engine, ( ie. a 12.5 or 13 horse ..?? ) this thing is another head scatcher !! .. :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala when your engine is running and at full speed is the butterfly completely open or the govenor arm near its stopping point? mine sits about halfway

I would have to check it as I never had reason to, but I can do that TOMORROW and let you know, have to move other stuff outa the way !

Threads
EZPZ open that google link that Boo sent you and go to page 17 and look at figure 27 and follow the instructions above it......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Ezpz

Threads
Throttle cable is set up properly, thinking about drilling out the main jet a little bit in this new carb, engine is running pretty well until blades are engaged. These are mostly aftermarket carbs, the original nikki runs the same way though even when its just been cleaned. Would love to have an older style carburetor with all the adjustments :biggrin:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes The throttle plate IS wide open and the governor is close to it's full travel, a bit past 3/4 of movement.

Luffydog

Threads
When running does it smooth out when slightly choked and run smooth during the during slight choke?

Ezpz

Threads
choke does seem to help a little, runs like a top when i drop the rpm a tiny bit i know that