Brand loyalty?

How brand loyal are you?

• Very

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I like who I am with but i'm interested in hearing others

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Not at all, who ever has the best I will go with.

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This is what I was referring to
1674852890485.png
Or the Ariens 34" Zoom which the above 30" is smaller.

need-for-speed

Threads
Every maker can get components that pass QC yet fail in service
What is important is what they do when those things happen .
And all but the family owned companies have a board whos only criteria is tomorrows share price is higher than yesterdays .
So for those companies profit or rather profit to equity ratio is GOD .
Family owned business are mostly treated as an inheriantance so the management will jump through hoops to keep customers happy to ensure the long term future of the company
Down side of the latter is they will always have a higher price in order to run at a profitable turn over.
Big companies just want to sell more than their competitors so their aim is to push prices down in order to have a bigger market share .

Where loyality makes a massive difference is the place where you buy the mower from .
Finding a dealer who stands behind their product , gives good service & honest advice is very difficult and when you find one they are worthwhile supporting on a continuing basis .
Now day money has become a religion so down here most family owned mower shops have been gobbled up by big franchise agents run by accountants along the lines of a McDonalds / KFC shop .

As for which brands are best , that will depend upon your grass, your land & your lifestyle.
Having said that the only residential brands I suggest customers look at are JD, Toro & Country Clipper .
When you go to commercials then the field is a lot larger as Ferris , Hustler , Walker & Cox get added to the mix but now Hustler has been taken over I am reluctant to suggest them particularly as the Australian distribution agent is Briggs & Stratton Australia and their warehousing & distribution is pathetic & makes President Putin look humane & efficient
Bert (and anyone else with advice!)
I want to replace my Toro SS 4260. Based on your advice regarding Toro for residential mowers, staying with Toro sounds good to me. It looks like a new Timecutter with a 42 inch deck is only available with the Kohler engine. Would that be a dealbreaker for you?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me, but I’ve been a Toro guy for the last 45+ years.

RayMcD

Threads
So someone show me a brand that hasn't cheapen up over the years? Why would one be brand loyal when someone else comes out with a better product the next time you purchase.

I drove Honda cars for years, when they cheapened up and put CVT trans in the models I wanted, it was off to the Toyota dealer where I could steal purchase a real transmission. What's in a brand name if it's not a quality product... JMHO, Cheers, Ray

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is Russian and advertising children’s stuff. Definitely against the rules. Amanda needs to be banned.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
So someone show me a brand that hasn't cheapen up over the years? Why would one be brand loyal when someone else comes out with a better product the next time you purchase.

I drove Honda cars for years, when they cheapened up and put CVT trans in the models I wanted, it was off to the Toyota dealer where I could steal purchase a real transmission. What's in a brand name if it's not a quality product... JMHO, Cheers, Ray

Brand loyalty for most products across the board has become much less in the last 30-40 years than in the past. The mower market (rider and zero turn) has become very competitive on cost and features. The lines have been blurred to some extent. I will take a zero turn over a riding mower any day of the week, including Sunday.

Have_Blue

Threads
Just curious how brand loyal people are regarding zero turn mowers.
Nope! Right now, the only engines I trust are Kawasaki and Honda, but if something just as good comes along, I would buy it. As for the frame and deck, it's easy to examine them and determine the quality right in the store.

Have_Blue

Threads
Wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me, but I’ve been a Toro guy for the last 45+ years.
Staying with what you know isn't necessarily brand loyalty. If you trust 2, 3, or 4 brands, you default to the one you are familiar with running and servicing.

Honest Abe

Threads
At one time when I was young and naive. Now, I put myself in the shoes of most every companies CEO, i.e. give me a golden parachute and I'll jump in a heat beat. Loyalty is meant to be a two-way street . . . . .