Export thread

BLower Brand???

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

with all the post i have seen about blower lately i wonder what brand of blower do u like the most????:thumbsup:

Mine would have to go

Echo
Shindaiwa
Stihl
Redmax

Please vote for your top brand above???

Mid TN Lawn

Mid TN Lawn

with all the post i have seen about blower lately i wonder what brand of blower do u like the most????:thumbsup: Mine would have to go Echo Shindaiwa Stihl Redmax Please vote for your top brand above???
echo and for really large jobs we have 13hp Billy Goat blowers

Ric

Ric

Stihl :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Echo :thumbdown: it stinks.gif

Husqvarna :thumbsup:

Shindiawa :thumbdown:

exotion

exotion

My vote is.biased I've only ever used echo and "weedeater" brand never needed anything but echo I've used nearly all models of echo hand blowers and the 500 backpack blower and the 700 right before I quit working for the other guy loved.them I've wanted to test the new small stihl but havent gotten a chance

Carscw

Carscw

Husqvarna
Echo

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Thanks for the reposes :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

M

MRCo.

Redmax all the way, great blowers. Also, you should check out the Dolmar 4 cycle blowers, very nice machines.

Ric

Ric

I prefer the Stihl Four mix units, I've been running my BR 550 for the last 7-8 years and never had any problems. Still plenty of air volume and velocity and less noisy than most two stroke units. :thumbsup:

metz12

metz12

If i were to buy a bigger blower i would get a husqvarna. i am partial to them anyways. I like their saws and their blowers. never tried their mowers or the trimmers but i like stihl trimmers. my 2nd choice for blowers would defiantly be stihl though. then probably redmax

M

MRCo.

If i were to buy a bigger blower i would get a husqvarna. i am partial to them anyways. I like their saws and their blowers. never tried their mowers or the trimmers but i like stihl trimmers. my 2nd choice for blowers would defiantly be stihl though. then probably redmax
Husqy blowers are facelifted Redmaxes.

jekjr

jekjr

We are going to have to buy a back pack probably next year. However we have used a Poulan Pro 200 MPH handheld for going on two years now with incredible results. Last year during the time we got up leaves we ran it all day long at times. Starts up very time. I blew the leaves out of a parking lot today.
Cost $89 new at Tractor Supply.

I know it is said to be cheap junk but it is a better blower than a handheld Stihl we have and just as reliable

exotion

exotion

We are going to have to buy a back pack probably next year. However we have used a Poulan Pro 200 MPH handheld for going on two years now with incredible results. Last year during the time we got up leaves we ran it all day long at times. Starts up very time. I blew the leaves out of a parking lot today.
Cost $89 new at Tractor Supply.

I know it is said to be cheap junk but it is a better blower than a handheld Stihl we have and just as reliable

I have a poulon pro hedge trimmer that I love I am going to buy a poulon pro chain saw soon looks like cheap junk but goddam it really is a nice .machine some people on here are to good for it they wouldn't be caught dead with anything less than stihl I think they like to spend to much money

Ric

Ric

I have a poulon pro hedge trimmer that I love I am going to buy a poulon pro chain saw soon looks like cheap junk but goddam it really is a nice .machine some people on here are to good for it they wouldn't be caught dead with anything less than stihl I think they like to spend to much money

The thing is or the problem as I see it is, people who purchase Stihl equipment are serious about there jobs and want there jobs to look professional and have there businesses viewed as such so there willing to buy the right equipment to do the job, any job that someone wants to have done. You say I think they like to spend to much money and I can understand your statement considering you never used or purchased a good piece of commercial grade equipment in your life and wouldn't no the difference.

Carscw

Carscw

The thing is or the problem as I see it is, people who purchase Stihl equipment are serious about there jobs and want there jobs to look professional and have there businesses viewed as such so there willing to buy the right equipment to do the job, any job that someone wants to have done. You say I think they like to spend to much money and I can understand your statement considering you never used or purchased a good piece of commercial grade equipment in your life and wouldn't no the difference.

Maybe I did not read this right.
Are you saying that if you use stihl blowers and trimmers that the yards will look more professional than if you use say a ryobi?

Or does it just make the person look more professional ?

Ric

Ric

Maybe I did not read this right.
Are you saying that if you use stihl blowers and trimmers that the yards will look more professional than if you use say a ryobi?

Or does it just make the person look more professional ?

I'm saying I want someone who is serious about there job and there work. I want someone I know will be back week after week to do my lawn and the guy who is mowing across the street that has 35k in equipment in his trailer that he has to pay for is that guy and yes because he has or is running Stihl equipment tells me he cared enough to buy the best so chances are if he cared enough to do that he cares enough and he is interested enough to do the job right.

Carscw

Carscw

I'm saying I want someone who is serious about there job and there work. I want someone I know will be back week after week to do my lawn and the guy who is mowing across the street that has 35k in equipment in his trailer that he has to pay for is that guy and yes because he has or is running Stihl equipment tells me he cared enough to buy the best so chances are if he cared enough to do that he cares enough and he is interested enough to do the job right.

I agree that he will be back every week as he has to pay for it all.

But we have both seen guys finance 35k in equipment and still do a **** job. And end up selling everything. In December when they can't pay for it or the rent.

Ric

Ric

I agree that he will be back every week as he has to pay for it all.

But we have both seen guys finance 35k in equipment and still do a **** job. And end up selling everything. In December when they can't pay for it or the rent.

Yes I agree but for the most part the guy that makes an investment like 35k isn't as likely to do as crappy a job as the guy using the hack equipment. I've replaced to many of those guys that show up with a push mower or yard tractor, a trimmer and hand held blower only to have something break down and end up in the shop for two weeks so the client doesn't get there lawn maintained. When I see those guys show up with their cheap junk as someone else said they're there for the money and nothing else, there's no pride in what they do, no professionalism it's all about what they can put in their pocket that day. As far as I'm concerned they give the business a bad name.

Carscw

Carscw

Yes I agree but for the most part the guy that makes an investment like 35k isn't as likely to do as crappy a job as the guy using the hack equipment. I've replaced to many of those guys that show up with a push mower or yard tractor, a trimmer and hand held blower only to have something break down and end up in the shop for two weeks so the client doesn't get there lawn maintained. When I see those guys show up with their cheap junk as someone else said they're there for the money and nothing else, there's no pride in what they do, no professionalism it's all about what they can put in their pocket that day. As far as I'm concerned they give the business a bad name.

Pride in their work is what most people lack. They get a cheap mower and think they are going to rich. They don't think about needing two of everything.

My down fall in doing HUD homes is I can not leave a yard looking like crap.
I have already started getting back into residential. Man I miss doing nice yards

exotion

exotion

Ya I have cheap equipment and guess what I do just as good a job as you and have lots pride in what I do my garbage hedge trimmer does just as good a job as stihl or echo will it last as long probably not but right now its reliable and does a fantastic job. Argue with me all you want ric it accomplishes nothing you are proud and I like that but you are very arrogant over and out bub

Ric

Ric

Pride in their work is what most people lack. They get a cheap mower and think they are going to rich. They don't think about needing two of everything.

My down fall in doing HUD homes is I can not leave a yard looking like crap.
I have already started getting back into residential. Man I miss doing nice yards

Nothing wrong with not being able to leave a yard looking like crap, I wish others had that same down fall. Now I don't know about getting rich because that was never my intention, but I do believe for a lot it's the beer:drink: money they like.

jekjr

jekjr

I don't know about inferior equipment. I have two Kubota zero turns, two sets of Stihl hedge trimmers, a Stihl blower, and a Stihl string trimmer. I just have a Poulan Pro blower that has run no telling how many hours with no problems.

Ric

Ric

Ya I have cheap equipment and guess what I do just as good a job as you and have lots pride in what I do my garbage hedge trimmer does just as good a job as stihl or echo will it last as long probably not but right now its reliable and does a fantastic job. Argue with me all you want ric it accomplishes nothing you are proud and I like that but you are very arrogant over and out bub

Now what got your panties in a bunch? Were we talking about you or are you just making assumptions again?

exotion

exotion

This lumps me in with the people who are not serious about their job and BTW I've used most commercial equipment exception of the new 30" so ya it can be a little personal

Carscw

Carscw

Did I miss something ?

Ric

Ric

This lumps me in with the people who are not serious about their job and BTW I've used most commercial equipment exception of the new 30" so ya it can be a little personal

From what I can see the statement I made was my opinion and that people who show up with 25, 35K in commercial equipment can not afford not to be serious about what they do. Now if your asking me if I would consider you a serious LCO, honestly the answer would be no, not with what you bring to the table.

Ric

Ric

Did I miss something ?

icon_scratch.png Don't think so.

L

LoCo86

I would agree that Stihl has the best hand held power equipment out there, but that does not mean that they are not a professional from not having it. For example here most of the larger companies use Red Max. Probably not because they want too, but more than likely because they got good pricing on a bulk deal. They look just as professional as anyone running a Stihl. And by the fact the company makes over a million dollars a year others must think they look professional also.

To me run what you feel comfortable with until you can buy better commercial equipment that can take years of abuse. I do however agree with Ric that you want to have a professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. Such as but not limited to nice equipment maybe dressed in a uniform, having a clean personal appearance, running clean equipment and just being organized by not having three people get out the truck and look around at each other for five minutes wondering who is going to do what.

Ric

Ric

I would agree that Stihl has the best hand held power equipment out there, but that does not mean that they are not a professional from not having it. For example here most of the larger companies use Red Max. Probably not because they want too, but more than likely because they got good pricing on a bulk deal. They look just as professional as anyone running a Stihl. And by the fact the company makes over a million dollars a year others must think they look professional also.

To me run what you feel comfortable with until you can buy better commercial equipment that can take years of abuse. I do however agree with Ric that you want to have a professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. Such as but not limited to nice equipment maybe dressed in a uniform, having a clean personal appearance, running clean equipment and just being organized by not having three people get out the truck and look around at each other for five minutes wondering who is going to do what.

I agree with you it's all about having that professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. I have to laugh about this discussion about professionalism and having a clean personal appearance, having real nice vehicles, running clean high end equipment and trailers and having it organized can make all the difference in the world. I debated this subject from the other side and telling these guys spouting all that crap they were nuts and it didn't matter as long as you were doing the job. Well over the years of debating this subject and running my business I have found to my amazement that they were right and I was wrong, all that stuff does matter and does make a difference. In this business what you portray or what you represent is the name you earn.

L

LoCo86

I agree with you it's all about having that professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. I have to laugh about this discussion about professionalism and having a clean personal appearance, having real nice vehicles, running clean high end equipment and trailers and having it organized can make all the difference in the world. I debated this subject from the other side and telling these guys spouting all that crap they were nuts and it didn't matter as long as you were doing the job. Well over the years of debating this subject and running my business I have found to my amazement that they were right and I was wrong, all that stuff does matter and does make a difference. In this business what you portray or what you represent is the name you earn.

This business I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves. And to me the lack of respect derives from the guys who run a unorganized company and just give off the overall impression that they are just in this business for beer or extra money. Here in Southeast TN the lawn and landscape industry is for the most part taken seriously. Due to the competition being so competitive. There is room in the residential market but as far as commercial jobs go the market is one sided. A lot of these guys out just look at the lawn mowing business as something to do for extra money and that it's not a real way to make a living. As I've stated before the landscaping business will, if run correctly, make you more money than having a decent job that requires a college degree.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

This business I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves. And to me the lack of respect derives from the guys who run a unorganized company and just give off the overall impression that they are just in this business for beer or extra money. Here in Southeast TN the lawn and landscape industry is for the most part taken seriously. Due to the competition being so competitive. There is room in the residential market but as far as commercial jobs go the market is one sided. A lot of these guys out just look at the lawn mowing business as something to do for extra money and that it's not a real way to make a living. As I've stated before the landscaping business will, if run correctly, make you more money than having a decent job that requires a college degree.

Wise words LoCo86 :thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

I agree with you, the business doesn't get the respect it deserves. I mean how can it. How can a legit company who doing things the right way earn respect when you have guys showing up with there home made trailers, with Mowers and Equipment they buy at Walmart or some other discount store and call themselves Professional lawn Care Company's. They buy a cheap mower and think it's going to be easy money, think they are going to rich quick. I think when the perspective client sees that home made trailer it should be a red flag enough.

Ric

Ric

Ok if you have done what you say and have run most commercial grade equipment then you should know there's a big difference between residential and commercial equipment. Now do I think your serious about the job your trying to do :confused3:

jekjr

jekjr

Professional non professional, good impression, bad impression, dollar for dollar, the Poulan Pro 200 MPH hand held blower I have has been one of the handiest and best buys I have had since I have been running. I ran two or three tanks of gas through it today on leaves. Cranks every time. Does a great job. Would definitely buy another if that one quit today.

Parkmower

Parkmower

We have a echo PB 250LN. And as I'm not an echo fan. But this blower has been a champ. Prob over 5 years of hard commercial use and no problems. It cleans sidewalks and paved areas for hours almost every day all summer long.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Hears the think i see all Sthil,Echo,an Shindiawa is all good equipment.

Some Husqavarna an Redmax is alright stuff but its all about personal Preference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

Hears the think i see all Sthil,Echo,an Shindiawa is all good equipment.

Some Husqavarna an Redmax is alright stuff but its all about personal Preference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree it is about personal and individual preference for the individual. However from the Business perspective it's about what the client and perspective client can relate too. I think as LCO's we have a tendency to think that clients and perspective clients are stupid but there not. On more occasions than I can count I've had people comment on my trailer set up and the equipment I run and mention Stihl. I've had perspective clients stop at my house early in the morning while I'm getting ready to go and walk up my drive and guess where there eyes a focused and what's discussed, my trailer to see what equipment I'm running. From the Business perspective it's all about Impression and what you portray and do that can make you or break you.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I agree it is about personal and individual preference for the individual. However from the Business perspective it's about what the client and perspective client can relate too. I think as LCO's we have a tendency to think that clients and perspective clients are stupid but there not. On more occasions than I can count I've had people comment on my trailer set up and the equipment I run and mention Stihl. I've had perspective clients stop at my house early in the morning while I'm getting ready to go and walk up my drive and guess where there eyes a focused and what's discussed, my trailer to see what equipment I'm running. From the Business perspective it's all about Impression and what you portray and do that can make you or break you.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't have super commercial equipment, but I do have good stuff and keep it looking nice. Multiple times I have had people come up to me and ask what I thought about a piece of my equipment. One of my customers bought an HRX, and another was interested in the Echo blower, but they couldn't justify a $200 purchase.

Ric

Ric

Yeah I agree with that. I don't have super commercial equipment, but I do have good stuff and keep it looking nice. Multiple times I have had people come up to me and ask what I thought about a piece of my equipment. One of my customers bought an HRX, and another was interested in the Echo blower, but they couldn't justify a $200 purchase.

That's your typical homeowner, can't justify the price. That's why they end up at Home Depot buying there junk. Speaking of HD I was there yesterday picking up a few bags of mulch to finish a job and found a Personal Pace 21" Toro for $200.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

That's your typical homeowner, can't justify the price. That's why they end up at Home Depot buying there junk. Speaking of HD I was there yesterday picking up a few bags of mulch to finish a job and found a Personal Pace 21" Toro for $200.

Did u buy it?
:laughing:

Ric

Ric

Did u buy it?
:laughing:

No, I had no use for thing, I have my Turfmaster and two 21" mowers already. I talked to the guy there and he told me someone had purchased the mower and took it home, mowed there lawn and brought it back and got a refund. He said people do it all the time. He said the mower was perfectly fine. They had three sitting on the floor.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I bet it's good quality if it's that cheap. :rolleyes:

Ric

Ric

I bet it's good quality if it's that cheap. :rolleyes:

Read post 40 It was a good quality mower.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Read post 40 It was a good quality mower.

Yeah sorry we posted at the same time. I thought it was a new mower, but that's a good deal since it was barely used and you are getting maybe around $150 off the original price. :thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

Yeah sorry we posted at the same time. I thought it was a new mower, but that's a good deal since it was barely used and you are getting maybe around $150 off the original price. :thumbsup:

Yeah I know we did that's why I said read post forty. I would have got the thing but I just don't need another and they had price just high enough I don't think I could have made any money on resale of the thing. All three of the mowers looked brand new, not a scratch on any.

wjjones

wjjones

Echo...:thumbsup:

P

paul11

I prefer Husqavarna starts easily and cuts my blowing time in half.

Ric

Ric

My vote is.biased I've only ever used echo and "weedeater" brand never needed anything but echo I've used nearly all models of echo hand blowers and the 500 backpack blower and the 700 right before I quit working for the other guy loved.them I've wanted to test the new small stihl but haven't gotten a chance

If your talking about the BR 200 it's a great little blower, 406 cfm 132mph out the tube. It's a great little blower for smaller jobs.