blade replace

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Blade length is like TV or computer screen & measured diagonally from the tip of one cutting edge to the tip of the other side

Digiacomo

Threads
Blade length is like TV or computer screen & measured diagonally from the tip of one cutting edge to the tip of the other side
I'm 74 and still learning!!.......I had NO idea..........sure enough.....21 and 3/16.........these blades were on this mower upside down when i bought it, the cutting edge never hit a blade of grass.........could be, that's why they sold it.......under the dust it was like new.........
now that I'm sure of length and spindle hole I can find what i need..........
thanks again to a great bunch of guys........
we are never too old quit learning.........

Digiacomo

Threads
this is what I can up with.....apparently they have them in stock......I'm pretty sure these are what I need???

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
That should be the "G" deck with two 21.25"/ 21-3/16" blades.

942-04308A Hi-lift
942-0616A Mulching
what startech posted above, is the most likely answer. If you look at the sticker on your link and my link, they show the same MTD number.

Digiacomo

Threads
what startech posted above, is the most likely answer. If you look at the sticker on your link and my link, they show the same MTD number.
many thanks,,,,,,I'll let ya know if I got the right ones........

SamB

Threads
Thanks a lot for your time bertsmobile1.......I'll try that road and see how i do........Jacks small engines was out of stock [If Idid the search right}....I'll try your other
places..........I have a kitty cat trying to help me with this....he just decided to la down on the keyboard....;=+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's been my experience that Oregon Durable blades are the best of all the aftermarket blades out there.

Attachments

• Gypsy on my keyboard.jpg
    Gypsy on my keyboard.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 12

Gord Baker

Threads
I bent a blade on my old lawn chief and thought that it would be an easy replace....but I can't seem to find the compatible blades anywhere....I can find what looks like it might work but none that i have seen seem to match up with the spindle hole shape??.....Will the star hole fit on my spindles???....the hole i have is NOT a star shape......I couldn't explain the shape..........the blades do have 6 point notched holes..... two
blade length and and two on each side of the blade... is there a universal i can use???.....the blades were on upside down when i bought this mower ...cutting edge never been used......that stump must have grown over the winter........any help will be appreciated ......
I don't know who made Lawn Chief but sounds like it is 50+ years old! You can't even say Chief anymore!
Photos of course are required here. With my Solidly mounted 5" Vise, a 24" PIpe wrench and 2' Cheater pipe I was able to bend one close enough to work. Within 1/8". Be aware that the blade could fracture so pick a nice landing spot for yourself. Any repair Garage should have a torch set which could heat it up and bend it quickly.
Let it cool naturally. Send photo of bottom of Spindle showing anchor pattern. It isn't the Space Shuttle.

biggertv

Threads
I recommend crossing to a set of XHT Blades. I don't buy blades nearly as often as I used to, these are stronger than stock and last a long time. Hardened Steel.

Digiacomo

Threads

It's been my experience that Oregon Durable blades are the best of all the aftermarket blades out there.
I'll probably get in trouble over this but..........I always say cats are a lot like women...if they want something; they figure a good way to get it.......I had to go and check my order......I was happy to find the right hole and length ......I only saw made in usa and bought them....oregon had done well with chain saw blades for me...in the last few years.......