blade replace

Digiacomo

Threads
I bent a blade on my old lawn chief and thought that it would be an easy replace....but I can't seem to find the compatible blades anywhere....I can find what looks like it might work but none that i have seen seem to match up with the spindle hole shape??.....Will the star hole fit on my spindles???....the hole i have is NOT a star shape......I couldn't explain the shape..........the blades do have 6 point notched holes..... two
blade length and and two on each side of the blade... is there a universal i can use???.....the blades were on upside down when i bought this mower ...cutting edge never been used......that stump must have grown over the winter........any help will be appreciated ......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let's start with the actual model number of your mower and deck size.

And probably you have one of the old after market blade holes that were to get around the MTD six point star patent. Here two of them.

The "H" or Double Diamond.
1685390870392.png
And the "Y" Design
1685390914168.png

The MTD six star will replace both as it is the original pattern
1685390988965.png

Digiacomo

Threads
Let's start with the actual model number of your mower and deck size.

And probably you have one of the old after market blade holes that were to get around the MTD six point star patent. Here two of them.

The "H" or Double Diamond.
View attachment 64751
And the "Y" Design
View attachment 64752

The MTD six star will replace both as it is the original pattern
View attachment 64753
i have the H pattern on the blades and I have never found a model # on the mower anywhere....the sticker on the seatback was gone years ago from the looks of it........about all i can tell you is that is a lawn chief 14.5 hp ohv briggs..........42 in cut.....I have the blade straitened......I just need to try to hammer out the curve on the sharp side.......I can get by with what i have but i would like to have a couple of new blades for spares......Maybe now that i know that pattern is called H I can do a little better research.........thanks for the info.......

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I googled H pattern 21" blade and many came up.

Digiacomo

Threads
star tec said H or double diamond........ the H pattern apparently is not what i have, what I have is the pattern in his first pic.......now I guess I'll search for a double diamond......thanks for looking.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to the Rotary , Stens, Prime Line & Oregon web sites.
Open their on line catelogue and search for "Lawn Chief Blade"
In most cases they will then list by blade length
When you find one that sounds like it might fit click on the "More" - "detail" or the actual name to bring up the full description, right clicking or what ever you do to make the new window appear in a new tab will make life easier .
Google does not search catelogues unless the business has paid them to do it
I have had luck by doing the same search in Jacks Small Engines , K & T Mower parts or Mennards
The first bunch are wholesalers & do not sell direct to the public so you will have to order through one of their retailers but they all have a "find a dealer " search on their home pages
I have found the Oregon blades to be the best made but their catalogue is fairly small , Stens & Rotary have the biggest & Prime Line closed down in OZ 8 years ago so can not remember what their blades were like .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That should be the "G" deck with two 21.25"/ 21-3/16" blades.

942-04308A Hi-lift
942-0616A Mulching

Digiacomo

Threads
Thanks a lot for your time bertsmobile1.......I'll try that road and see how i do........Jacks small engines was out of stock [If Idid the search right}....I'll try your other
places..........I have a kitty cat trying to help me with this....he just decided to la down on the keyboard....;=+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
maybe my Google is different. There is also a bowtie mount which is similar but different. How about a photo of the actual blade center.

Digiacomo

Threads
the blades that are in it are an exact 20 inches....[ I don't know that these are original blades??] the mower does a very good job mowing with these blades......I'll have to put them back on the deck and make sure that i have clearance for 21 3/16, that is the blade length on the ones in the add that you listed.................I'll check to make sure........but the pattern is the same..........thanks again for all the help........great bunch of guys.....I'll see if I can get a pic in the morning.......