black and decker

brianr

Forum Newbie
Threads
why has my black and decker fly-mower stopped picking up grass

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First time I have heard of such a mower. Would like to know more about it? Pictures would also be nice

A fly mower is a mower with out wheels also called a hover mower. It rides on a pocket of air mad by a fan. Most have trimmer line in place of a blade. Most the time they are used on a golf course around the bunkers ( sand trap ) and on hills you stand up hill and swing it side to side

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Here are some photos of my Hover Mover to give you all an idea.

IMG01677-20101019-0616 (2).jpg

IMG01692-20101026-1750.jpg

brianr: As for your problem, has your empellar perhaps cracked? This will stop the unit from hovering.

Brucebotti

Threads
How do you start it? I know its electric, but it seems that on start-up, the blade / trimmer string would gouge up the lawn. I guess you must tip it up? Pretty interesting.
Thanks,
Bruce

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
How do you start it? I know its electric, but it seems that on start-up, the blade / trimmer string would gouge up the lawn. I guess you must tip it up? Pretty interesting.
Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You tip it to one side or start it on a solid surface and then float it on to the grass.

It makes light work of mowing as you can effortlessly float it around the garden with one hand. It's primary use is for banks and golf courses.

mistermowerman

Threads
why has my black and decker fly-mower stopped picking up grass

Hello , some mowers of this kind have a belt running from the motor back to the blade and fan ,if all you hear is the motor starting up and no hover action i would check your belt or see if your blade is tight , Gary :smile: