Big Box Store or Local Dealer

Big Box or Dealer

• Total voters

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read the thread

Fuel Bad fuel after 24 days? He bought his from a Dealer and look what it got him.

Nwatson99

Threads
Read the thread

Fuel Bad fuel after 24 days? He bought his from a Dealer and look what it got him.

But how can you justify damning all dealers due to on that is incompetent?
I read the topic, I posted in the topic, and I hope his complaints to Husq does clip that dealers wings and adjusts his attitude.

Wildcat

Threads
For me its simple. I can choose both. Reason being is that my Cub Cadet dealer (nearest mower dealer) is also the repair shop that my BBS uses. But since I'm just a tad bias towards Cubs, I just might use the dealer for both my personal and work mowers.

gfp55

Threads
The dealer is the way to go. The BBSs are making good brands look bad. The BBSs are like a drug to the manufacturers, they like the big volume sales that the BBS have, but to many people get mad at the brand because the BBS can't or don't care about them after the sale. The good dealer wants to make you happy after the sale. This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to make anyone mad.

MickG

Threads
BBS can ruin a manufacturers reputation, simply by selling a good brand name, only to not support it after the sale and any problems that should arise tarnish the brand not the BBS name. So many times I have heard people complaining about a certain brand that a they purchased from the BBS and no mention that the store had no competent service department just minimum wagers messing up otherwise good machinery.

Pine Rider

Threads
Fostering a relationship with a local dealer is worth much more than whatever difference there may be in price at a BBS.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fostering a relationship with a local dealer is worth much more than whatever difference there may be in price at a BBS.
AMEN....I think the old saying is "don't be penny wise and pound foolish":0)

Nwatson99

Threads
AMEN....I think the old saying is "don't be penny wise and pound foolish":0)

Wow triggered a old memory but I have always heard it "don't be penny wise and a dollar foolish"

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow triggered a old memory but I have always heard it "don't be penny wise and a dollar foolish"

Yeah, that's an American translation....I think the original was quoted by some famous Englishman(I "think" England has pennies and pounds....right:0)