Best trimmer for 5 acre lot

Bomba

Threads
So I'm looking at stihl trimmers for my large yard with a lot of trees and the vines, limbs and brush that comes with it. I want a commercial trimmer. My limit is $400 (I hope). Which one is crying out for me??!!

Bomba

Threads
So I'm looking at stihl trimmers for my large yard with a lot of trees and the vines, limbs and brush that comes with it. I want a commercial trimmer. My limit is $400 (I hope). Which one is crying out for me??!!

I also have the lot completely fenced and a pool fence so I'll be trimming under that too.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd go with the FS 90R (11.7lbs)or FS110 (12.8lbs) and if weight of machine is an issue the FS 100RX (10.8lbs).

Threads
I went with Echo because of the warranty but as mentioned the fs90r Stihl would hold up really well too. I had a neighbor where I used to live that had an old single line Stihl that he had for 20 years.

Threads
I went with Echo because of the warranty but as mentioned the fs90r Stihl would hold up really well too. I had a neighbor where I used to live that had an old single line Stihl that he had for 20 years.

Yeah I like Echo's warranty, too. I have an Echo trimmer that is close to 25 years old and it still runs well!
Echo GT-2100.jpg

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Let me do some economic figgerin for you and I won't charge a dime.

With a budget of $400.00, each Spring you purchase 6 sheep at a price of $66.66 each. They will keep everything trimmed real well, even under the fences, closely around any machinery and even the rose bushes.

In the Fall you sell 5 sheep. Why 5, well one always dies, remember, they're sheep.

You'll receive less per pound at the sale in the Fall but they gained weight from trimming nicely. So even with the loss of one you may come out about even dollar wise and all that trimming was automatically done while you sleep did things more funner.

All free advise. Sometimes it's worth more than you pay for it. :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I like Echo's warranty, too. I have an Echo trimmer that is close to 25 years old and it still runs well!

I'm curious, why does everyone like the Echo warranty over the Stihl Warranty when in reality one is no better than the other. The 5 year warranty only applies to to a non-income producing unit, and if I'm not mistaken after two years it only covers parts not labor which is the majority of the cost. I really can't see where one is any better than the other.

Bomba

Threads
Let me do some economic figgerin for you and I won't charge a dime.

With a budget of $400.00, each Spring you purchase 6 sheep at a price of $66.66 each. They will keep everything trimmed real well, even under the fences, closely around any machinery and even the rose bushes.

In the Fall you sell 5 sheep. Why 5, well one always dies, remember, they're sheep.

You'll receive less per pound at the sale in the Fall but they gained weight from trimming nicely. So even with the loss of one you may come out about even dollar wise and all that trimming was automatically done while you sleep did things more funner.

All free advise. Sometimes it's worth more than you pay for it. :laughing:

Nice one, SAND! Haha! More Eco-friendly than a trimmer too!!