Best grass

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What type of grass do you like the most and why??

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
The kind that doesn't grow! Haha, no, then I wouldn't make money!! I really don't know, I only mow really one type of grass.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I like St. Augustine Grass although it's a high maintenance grass, needs watering, fertilizer and has to be treated for chinch bugs and such it tends to crowd out most weeds and other grass and makes for a pretty lawn and it cuts better than Bahia or Bermuda. Don't have to sharpen blades as much.

Threads
Well I know I dont have that kind of grass because we have more weeds than grass!!

graydog

Threads
Re: Best grass = Buffalo Grass

What type of grass do you like the most and why??

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I have 15 acres with some big spots of Buffalo Grass (Google it). I absolutely love it and have been plugging it everywhere to get it to spread. It only gets about 3 or 4 inches tall and is VERY drought resistant. It is a native grass in Oklahoma. It takes some special treatment to the seed to get it to grow, but can be plugged easily during wet weather. I made a special tool to cut round plugs about 4 inches long. I use the same tool to cut the hole to accept the plug. I tamp in the Buffalo plug so that it will not dry out. I then take the second plug and drop it loosely into the first hole. It will dry out and will soon be covered back over with Buffalo Grass. I transfer about 100 at a time, keeping the plugs in a container on the floor of my golf cart. It takes about 2 hours to make the transfer of 100 plugs.