Belts

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad you have your head around it.
Now spread the word.
Even better is Gates show the actual size so if the belt is a L profile they show that , not the "close enough" A , B or M .
Some times it does make a difference.

Bellcrank

Threads
Glad you have your head around it.
Now spread the word.
Even better is Gates show the actual size so if the belt is a L profile they show that , not the "close enough" A , B or M .
Some times it does make a difference.
Thanks for your input. Just tired of all the options on the net, as you stated multi size belts that are close but no cigar. Price ranges as well.. $7.00 - 40.00 or more price swing for a 80 inch belt and no idea who manufactures them. Drives me nuts. Decided to find a old name manufacturer that mite have some skin in the game and came up with Gates. After reading your input , think'n I am on the right track. Thanks again.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The problem I had with A&I belt was not the quality it was the sizing. It appears the Indians are using a broken tape measure as all the 1/2 belts were a half inch shorter than the labelled spec and the 5/8 were 2 inches shorter. This make it impossible to get on some mowers. I spent over two years trying to get A&I (Sunbelt Outdoors) to correct the problem. I finally had to just quit buying the belts and I ended up throwing out over a $1,000 in belts. Loosing time and money because of belts being sent the wrong sizes is very irritating to both me and my customers.

This Spring A&I promised me that they corrected the problem but the very first two belts I ordered were an inch short each. I ended having to go to the local JD dealer to get the correct size belts. A&I lost the biggest part of their sales to me this year. I usually order close to $3,000 in parts from them but I had only ordered $421 this year.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Always love a good belt discussion. I agree with Bert that avoid buying belts off of amazon and ebay. I have resorted to ebay in a pinch but only if there is a real picture of the belt and it is a brand i trust. I have had good luck with Gates, Jason and Stens belts. For John Deere i always go OEM. Most folks have no idea how many different types and specs there are for belts. Industrial, ABC, L series, FHP, automotive, wrapped and raw edge, clutching vs nonclutching, etc. I tell customers if they don't know how to source a good AM belt then always go OEM.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Big problem with Evil pay and ammozone is most of the vendors have no idea about what they are selling.
It is just some thing they bought cheap off Made in China or Made in India that they can sell for a massive profit.
So they copy the interchange lists from each other & a goodly number of them are wrong
If you buy the unbranded belt in lots of 1000 then you can get them for 50¢ + freight and sell them for $ 30 with free post .
And Ammo Zone makes it even easier as for a small fee they do all the work all you have to do is set up the sales page & order the products
So this is what a lot of people do
Open a bank account do the deal then go bankrupt jut before tax time then "sell" our existing stock to yourself under a different vendors name . open a new bank account and repeat the performance year in year out.
Send the profits to an off shore tax haven and carry on till the IRS catches up with you then go to Barbados or a Greek island for a never ending holiday .