Badboy

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is just an observation but it seems like Bad Boy is seen by the rest of the mower industry as the red headed stepchild. Whether it is the fact they are new to the game, their flashy marketing, or plain jealousy it seems they don't get a fair shake. I almost got a leftover 2013 czt 60" but amazingly the local dealer was closed on a Saturday morning (why??) and that's when I found my Dixon online.

When I shopped ZTR's in the late summer, early fall of 2012 all of the owner reviews I read on several forums had "mixed" performance reviews. Either the owners loved them or they hated them. I read several where the cut was not very good no matter what they tried adjusting the deck, etc. Overall, I was very impressed with the build of the Outlaw but got a better deal on my Gravely. The decks not being chain hung was a turnoff for me and may contribute to inconsistent cuts. Plus the dealer wanted $250 extra for a foldable ROPS, when all of the literature showed the Outlaw with a ROPS as standard. That was a deal breaker.

ken helton

Threads
I still haven't decided about the non chain deck so far it cuts well but it will scalp if not on level ground so I raised the deck to #3 setting probally low for most people but it quit scalping I want stripes though and I'm not getting them build quality seems good I went from a john deere lawn tractor to a zero turn still adjusting like the much much faster cut I think I'm gonna really enjoy it

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I still haven't decided about the non chain deck so far it cuts well but it will scalp if not on level ground so I raised the deck to #3 setting probally low for most people but it quit scalping I want stripes though and I'm not getting them build quality seems good I went from a john deere lawn tractor to a zero turn still adjusting like the much much faster cut I think I'm gonna really enjoy it

For obtaining some stripes(without a kit) you may want to try "heeling your deck". That term describes adjusting the deck so that the blades are lower at the back instead of the front. Your manual should have instructions for leveling the deck and almost all will tell you to position the blades where the outside blade tips are East/West(facing the sides of the deck). Then you adjust the deck where the outer blade tips are exactly the same height. Then you turn the blades where they are facing North/South(facing the front and rear of the deck). Then most instructions will tell you to adjust the deck until the front blade tips are approx. 1/4" LOWER than the rear blade tips. Heeling the deck is just the opposite on the last adjustment. Instead, you set the front blade tip to be approx. 1/4" HIGHER than the rear. This should give you a "mild" striping effect from the trailing edge of the blade cutting the grass rather than the front edge. This setting does require a little more power from the engine for cutting the grass than the normal setting, but your engine should have plenty of power. Aside from that, you would need to install a Bad Boy striping kit(I think theirs attaches to the rear of the ZTR engine compartment. Some kits are a rubber flap that attaches across the rear edge of the deck and some are rollers, etc. that attach at the back of the ZTR. The one for my Gravely attaches to the rear of the frame under the engine compartment and is a hex shaped roller. I would try heeling the deck first and see if you like that cut before spending money on a kit.

ken helton

Threads
It appears to be lower in the rear now maybye I just need to let grass grow haha

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want some baseball field looking stripes drag chain link fence behind your mower.

ken helton

Threads
Can I use a rubber strip. On the rear of the deck to stripe? I really don't want to spend the dollars for a kit I just want stripes! I have a Kevlar strip from a keelguard ; came off my boat should be durable. Any help would be great!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can I use a rubber strip. On the rear of the deck to stripe? I really don't want to spend the dollars for a kit I just want stripes! I have a Kevlar strip from a keelguard ; came off my boat should be durable. Any help would be great!

That would work real good. Just don't make it hang down to much so you can still back up without it going under the deck