Bad clutch

MJEWELL5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all! Went to mow today, and the blades wouldn't engage. Found a bad 10 amp fuse and replaced it, still nothing. Looked underneath to make sure the clutch was still plugged in, and found that the connector had broken off of the clutch! Is this common? I found a new clutch for $365!! Seems kinda expensive for such a simple problem. Is there another fix for this?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
You can put a small self tapper into the clutch then add a ring terminal to the broken wire
Once done tie the cables to the clutch with some zip ties.
Tary Fixes All has one of the best You tube videos showing the repair .

Mower King

Threads
Hello all! Went to mow today, and the blades wouldn't engage. Found a bad 10 amp fuse and replaced it, still nothing. Looked underneath to make sure the clutch was still plugged in, and found that the connector had broken off of the clutch! Is this common? I found a new clutch for $365!! Seems kinda expensive for such a simple problem. Is there another fix for this?
This, a broken clutch connector on clutch, can happen from backing the mower into / over something, I've even seen that happen from backing it on a trailer too far.

MJEWELL5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes
You can put a small self tapper into the clutch then add a ring terminal to the broken wire
Once done tie the cables to the clutch with some zip ties.
Tary Fixes All has one of the best You tube videos showing the repair .
I also noticed that whatever it is that holds the clutch in place is gone too! It looks like it's supposed to be a 5/16x5-1/2" bolt. Does that sound right?

Mower King

Threads
I also noticed that whatever it is that holds the clutch in place is gone too! It looks like it's supposed to be a 5/16x5-1/2" bolt. Does that sound right?
Yes, there is a bolt that holds the clutch from spinning on some of the Bad Boys, if you lost the bolt, the clutch spinning could have broke the connector then and not from running into something! When and if you replace whatever you need, use Blue Loctite!

MJEWELL5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, there is a bolt that holds the clutch from spinning on some of the Bad Boys, if you lost the bolt, the clutch spinning could have broke the connector then and not from running into something! When and if you replace whatever you need, use Blue Loctite!
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

MJEWELL5

Forum Newbie
Threads
How hard is it to get the clutch off? I also lost the bolt and washer that holds the clutch on, but it doesn't seem to want to move. Any ideas?

Mower King

Threads
How hard is it to get the clutch off? I also lost the bolt and washer that holds the clutch on, but it doesn't seem to want to move. Any ideas?
They can be stuck on the crank sometimes, just pull on it real good and or spray PB Blaster on the top of it so it can loosen its grip overnite....I use a puller that I made for clutches. When you do get it off, use Anti-Seize on the inside of the clutch when re-installed, so it will come off easier, if there is a next time! Don't forget Blue Loctite for all the attaching bolt threads though.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
https://xtremeope.com/ try them for the clutch better than OEM clutches and better prices