Bad boy magnum 735cc many issues

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Attitude comes from spending time trying to help, but hitting roadblocks every time I make an attempt. You just wanted someone to justify what you were trying to do, not to listen to your request for help. Doing that just wastes the time of the techs on this forum. Example, you said it clicks, so we assume you mean solenoid. You never told anyone that it was the relay clicking, how were we to know what you meant?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Although being lineman helps, still this isn't same working on high tension lines. I personally have seen where voltage is present on a terminal until an electrical load is applied then the high resistance caused by a bad connection causes a drop out as the bad connection becomes the voltage hog.

Yes the OP needs to work with us and not go off on their own testing not knowing even what components are involved. I have spend over 40 yrs working in both AC electrical and DC electronics and do know the value of having a wiring schematic in hand for troubleshooting. Personally I am fairly good at finding electrical problems and even then OEM can throw circuits at me can be a little over whelming at times. especially with all of the loops added to the circuits.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wow ok. I’m just trying to get the 12v to the starter solenoid at this point. That’s the first problem. I’ve traced it to the relay. Not sure what the attitude is for but thanks anyway

Without trying to appears abusive or patronising.
You have one problem mower in front of you which you can see touch & feel
We are trying to help dozens of people and have nothing to work with but words on a screen.
If you took your mower into most of our shops we could have fixed it fairly quickly.
It is very difficult trying to follow what some one we can not see is doing to a mower we can not see & are unfamiliar with .
It is made even harde when the posters use the wrong descriptions conflating their mower with their car as a mower has NO IGNITION CIRCUIT and you appear to currently be working on the CRANKING circuit
Thus we ask people to do various tests so we can work out what is happening.
There are a lot of techs on this site with far more knowledge & experience but we all have different proceedures , particularly when dealing with electrical problems.
All of them with ask the poster to do things & post the results so every one can follow what is going on.
Unless this is done we can not help the poster.
Electrical problems get even trickier because some makers keep colours consistant over the entire circuit while others change the colours at every plug and unlike automobiles there is no standard colour coding
So on some mowers the cranking circuit will be all yellow, others it will be pink, or white or blue and without a schematic figuring the circuits out remotely is impossible
Even worse is other mowers will have the magneto kill wires yellow or white and getting those mixed up will fry the trigger chip in the magneto coil.
Add to that is a lot of the switches are ground switches thus you can not assume that ecause a wire is black, it will be a perminant ground.
Now if they all followed a std colour code like solid black for a fixed ground & black with a tracer for a switched ground, life would be wonderful, but it looks like a lot of them make the looms out of whatever is the cheapest wire they get because they change the colour coding season to season.

I am also bowing out of this thread as I can not follow what you are doing either and you have made no effort to clarify what you are doing.
I wish you well with your endeavours but there are no more brick wall standing for me to smack my head into.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well said, but I doubt we will hear back from this guy. Said he solved the problem, but doesn’t want to say what was wrong, as he just got lucky swapping out parts.