Bad Boy Forum?

lugbolt

Threads
They are built by people and we all know that people are "perfect", right?

They quality checks at the ends of each assembly line, are also run by people. That checklist, is what they use (check shaft keys, etc). Have been through the factory a few times, great folks and If I lived closer to Batesville I'd look at trying to find employment there. One of the biggest employers in that small town.

Ron3

Threads
I wouldn't buy one, the one i have lost 2 bolts out of the exhaust, all the head bolts came loose, has a blown head gasket & the valve cover leaks. From some of the repair shops i've spoken to said its pretty common on the left side of the motor. It also some issue where it only run for maybe 15 to 20 minutes, then it dies. A nice aluminum pie pan catches the dripping oil. Other than that wonderful machine !
Sounds like you have an engine problem Badboy does not make engines, but most engine manufactures have a 3 year warranty !!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a 54" Bad boy Magnum from Orschlen store. It has the Kohler 7000 series engine. I went through the check list in the manual and found my rear wheels were not torque correctly and found a vacuum hose not connected to the air cleaner base. SO look your mower over good. My mower you can't mow very fast or it will leave two strips down the center if the grass is tall. Not real happy about that. Good heavy mower otherwise.
What is top no load speed of the engine. Should be around 3600 Rpm's. Low rpm low blade lift. Is Orschlen Store like a Tractor Supply. If so they only make sure it has oil and gas and it starts and runs. Do they have a service department?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where I work we do a PDI pre delivery inspection and have caught all the things you said and more. We don't get many complaints or come backs. One of the big things we find is low rpm's.Yes that can engine manufactures short coming but a manufactures as well with misadjusted throttle control. But we catch it.

mudflap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you have an engine problem Badboy does not make engines, but most engine manufactures have a 3 year warranty !!
I ended up changing all the fuel lines $12, mower runs just fine now . I removed the valve cover that was leaking, sealed it up with this. Absolutely stopped the leaks! After all it turns out to run pretty well !!
Its for my wife, she loves it!!

lugbolt

Threads
the bad boys many times had low rpm. They do it to keep blade speed below maximum federal mandates, which I think is 19,000 FPM. Also if you run them a while the RPM will come up some as the engine warms up to operating temp. Most I saw were 3400 give or take (especially the Kohlers) cold, but after run 15-20 minutes, they'd be 3550 give or take. Assuming the cheap little Sendec tach is correct, of course.