Bad Boy Forum?

southerniltractor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I'm interested in a Zero Turn Mower and have eyeballed Bad Boy Commercial ZT line of mowers. I didn't see a Bad Boy forum in the brand specific area - is there one I'm just missing? For that matter, anyone have any thoughts on the Bad Boy Commercial ZT mowers?

Thanks,
Mike

noma

Threads
Welcome aboard southerniltractor i know think i have ever heard of that brand of mower ,who is the maker of those? Hope to see more of you:laughing:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
im still waiting for the Murray forum!:laughing:....good luck!

robert

Threads
I did look at Bad Boy, hate the name but the mowers certainly look to be well built. The models at Tractor Supply had pumps/motors on the website you can see zt3100 and higher drives, engines I think run the gamat from the Kohler Courage at the TC stores to BS but you can get the Vanguard and the model that Deere uses with the Cyclone air filter, and oil cooler, I think?
The weight is there, the finish is nice, people seem to like them, but man that name-cannot seem to get past it.

originalswampfox

Threads
No personal experience with a Bad Boy. Looked at the link and a couple of things i did like:
1. The hydrostatic drive they showed has an external filter and can be serviced.
2. Hydro unit has a charge pump and that is a plus.
3. They let me download a service manual without even wanting my e-mail address. It's hard to get manuals from anyone.
4. Both Kohler and Briggs make good engines

Hope this helps:smile:

southerniltractor

Forum Newbie
Threads
A few more questions from a ZT rookie...

What are considered "Good" pumps and drives for these machines? Anything to look for?

Thanks,
Mike

originalswampfox

Threads
Things I look for in a hydrostatic or zero turn drives:
1. Externally serviceable. Both fluid/oil and screw on filter.
2. Cast iron housing.
3. Cooling fan/metal fins/oil cooler
4. Reputable manufacturer.

I would not recommend a specific drive because there are a lot of good drives and I don't want to respond to all the conflicting post. Hope these points help.

mudflap

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldn't buy one, the one i have lost 2 bolts out of the exhaust, all the head bolts came loose, has a blown head gasket & the valve cover leaks. From some of the repair shops i've spoken to said its pretty common on the left side of the motor. It also some issue where it only run for maybe 15 to 20 minutes, then it dies. A nice aluminum pie pan catches the dripping oil. Other than that wonderful machine !

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
A few more questions from a ZT rookie...

What are considered "Good" pumps and drives for these machines? Anything to look for?

Thanks,
Mike
None come to mind. Belts are way cheaper when the drive system fails. It's not if it will fail but when. Hydros can be/are $$$ to repair.