B&S Vanguard fuel solenoid not available

SamB

Threads
Yes they can fail. It will leave you scratching your head on if the carb is getting fuel internally. Snip the plunger off and reinstall. Move on with life.
Thanks. That is what I have decided to do. It only took me a couple of minutes to diagnose the 'No fuel' issue,and just a couple of minutes to remove and modify the plunger. It actually took longer to walk back to the garage to get the tools,well,tool,a 1/2 inch wrench is all it takes. I think I'll leave it as is and put my spare fuel shut off solenoid back on the shelf

Last edited:

Snowman1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have just heard from my repairers that B&S have made the solenoid for my engine obsolete and will not be supplying it any more.
Not very good customer service!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have just heard from my repairers that B&S have made the solenoid for my engine obsolete and will not be supplying it any more.
Not very good customer service!
Snip the plunger off and reinstall. Never worry about it again. Little fuel shut off valve and you are golden.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Snip the plunger off and reinstall. Never worry about it again. Little fuel shut off valve and you are golden.
Well if you guys are still referring to the 807744 solenoid that is going to very, very had to do.
1633529650799.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just too many here on this set of forums that never bother to look up things then giving bad advice. I reckon most are simply too lazy to do it. This constantly guessing at things has cause me to stop providing any meaningful support here. If I want a good laugh all I got to do is to check some of the responses here.

Maybe that is why so many shops around here do half a** work now that I must rework in order to do decent repairs.

An example is the Husqvarna in the shop now where deck pulleys are rusted and never cleaned; therefore, just ate up the new deck belt. Mice damaged wiring. And what worst is a carburetor needing repair that they instructed the owner to simple manually adjust the throttle cable at the carburetor they have starting problems. Just plain poor workmanship for a socalled professional shop.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just too many here on this set of forums that never bother to look up things then giving bad advice. I reckon most are simply too lazy to do it. This constantly guessing at things has cause me to stop providing any meaningful support here. If I want a good laugh all I got to do is to check some of the responses here.

Maybe that is why so many shops around here do half a** work now that I must rework in order to do decent repairs.

An example is the Husqvarna in the shop now where deck pulleys are rusted and never cleaned; therefore, just ate up the new deck belt. Mice damaged wiring. And what worst is a carburetor needing repair that they instructed the owner to simple manually adjust the throttle cable at the carburetor they have starting problems. Just plain poor workmanship for a socalled professional shop.
I'm the one throwing out bad advice. And too lazy to look up their parts. All the solenoids I've seen had a plunger tip to snip off. My bad for not looking up his correct part and offering proper advice.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
New ETA on camshafts is 8/30/21
Looks like the camshaft is no longer on my backorder list and are now also showing in stock at PD, Haven't received them yet so could still be a mistake on the distributer website since they started updating the site almost a month ago.