B&S parts N/A

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In that case get you hands on some piston catalogues that describe the piston.
Then measure yours according to the parrameters in the catalogue.
You will do a lot better entering 2.5020" diameter air cooled piston than piston for a 10T B & S , assuming you have a STd 2.5" bore & are looking for a +20 piston

jono252525

Threads
Do you have a site on the web that you could give me a good reference catalogues?
Here some info on my engine.
My aluminum Cylinder bore now, after removing the scratches it range from 2.563 at the top and 2.562 at the botom and the original bore spec is 2.5615 to 2.565 inches.
I see a lot of rings kit with the right size, but the thickness of the rings don't match mine witch are .045 inches.
My original piston size is good and measure 2.45 at the top and 2.5595 at the bottom skirt.
The piston height is 1.8765 inches.
More picture

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    833 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 0

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Your, right, they are asking us to stop polluting the planet but scrapping a lawn mower for a small part N/A is OK!!
I will continue to search but if you find a replacement for my rings or a piston assembly I will be here.

Thank you for your help.
One of the main problems is the low cost of the replacement equipment and the customer's attitudes.

Here to do a job this resizing with the proper rigid cylinder hone will take 1-2 hours and not counting disassembly and re-assembly. By the time I charge for one hour plus parts the customer is really balking at the repair cost. I simply pass on these small engines when it comes to rebuilding them.

And on top the customer just don't how an engine can cost more than equipment it came on. Equipment OEM buy in huge volumes and get huge discounts where a small shop can't get these discounts. Even as a dealer I only got a 20% discount on parts. When my distributor started demanding $2000 in sales per year when I didn't those parts I had fore go being a dealer any longer.

It is bad enough that I have 80K in parts sitting in the bins awaiting sale and I only moved 15K of them this year and that included new never before needed parts.

Then you get customers like one I got right now that insisted on me over nighting parts in the parts and then when I had machine repaired doesn't want to come and get it because it costed $110 to repair a Mantis tiller. He even came by and lied twice during the same conversation. First he never got my voice mail and second that he be back the next day. Well that was three weeks ago. I not even going to complete the repairs to the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw. No point having a customer like that especially one that said he is a business owner himself.

On top this now Briggs is NLA a lot of their parts due low volume of sales.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the main problems is the low cost of the replacement equipment and the customer's attitudes.

Here to do a job this resizing with the proper rigid cylinder hone will take 1-2 hours and not counting disassembly and re-assembly. By the time I charge for one hour plus parts the customer is really balking at the repair cost. I simply pass on these small engines when it comes to rebuilding them.

And on top the customer just don't how an engine can cost more than equipment it came on. Equipment OEM buy in huge volumes and get huge discounts where a small shop can't get these discounts. Even as a dealer I only got a 20% discount on parts. When my distributor started demanding $2000 in sales per year when I didn't those parts I had fore go being a dealer any longer.

It is bad enough that I have 80K in parts sitting in the bins awaiting sale and I only moved 15K of them this year and that included new never before needed parts.

Then you get customers like one I got right now that insisted on me over nighting parts in the parts and then when I had machine repaired doesn't want to come and get it because it costed $110 to repair a Mantis tiller. He even came by and lied twice during the same conversation. First he never got my voice mail and second that he be back the next day. Well that was three weeks ago. I not even going to complete the repairs to the Husqvarna 345 chainsaw. No point having a customer like that especially one that said he is a business owner himself.

On top this now Briggs is NLA a lot of their parts due low volume of sales.
And that highlights a lot of things customers don't know. The reason I don't consider overhauls on engines that can be replaced for less than $3000 is because on a complete overhaul can run in the range of half to two thirds the cost of a new engine.

And consumers believe that dealers are paying $1 for a part and then are setting their own prices which we are somewhat. But in reality the OEM is setting a recommended price and then was are getting our discount off of that. So instead of consumers thinking that we are buying a part for $1 and then selling it for $2 we are actually paying $1.60 for that part.

And one of my favorite things is MTD with their emergency next day air shipment in 14 days.

And along with parts becoming NLA it is becoming more common for the OEM to remove the obsolete part numbers from the parts diagrams. So it will show the item number but no part number. Or remove the entire diagram when they discontinue that model.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And that highlights a lot of things customers don't know. The reason I don't consider overhauls on engines that can be replaced for less than $3000 is because on a complete overhaul can run in the range of half to two thirds the cost of a new engine.

And consumers believe that dealers are paying $1 for a part and then are setting their own prices which we are somewhat. But in reality the OEM is setting a recommended price and then was are getting our discount off of that. So instead of consumers thinking that we are buying a part for $1 and then selling it for $2 we are actually paying $1.60 for that part.

And one of my favorite things is MTD with their emergency next day air shipment in 14 days.

And along with parts becoming NLA it is becoming more common for the OEM to remove the obsolete part numbers from the parts diagrams. So it will show the item number but no part number. Or remove the entire diagram when they discontinue that model.
Just anything to drive us completely nuts.....o_O So glad retirement is getting close...Hopeful it gets here before I go off the deep end. I already been seeing those guys in the white coat from Bice's Mental Hospital driving by.

jono252525

Threads
I understand that it is not easy to make a leaving repairing these machines.
Before I retired, I was in electronic business and it was not easy, but I steel find BASIC
parts to repair electronic module but it is impossible to find important parts or replace or to reprogram a microprocessor!
These electronic parts and some contain BPC , they cannot be recycle ! IMAGINE !

By the way, For the part reference 795688, I will try to order but so far ,2 times I order from other manufactures and
they cancelled my order a few weeks lather. Will see !

Thank you